Sky News

He could just call in sick every Sunday and maybe Sky won’t notice if he accidentally popped up on the ABC. It’s a perfect plan.

Peter Stefanovic will front a new documentary Lawyer X: The Untold Story for Sky News, telling the story of barrister turned informant Nicola Gobbo. It’s ‘coming soon’.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/truecrimeaustralia/crimeinfocus/peter-stefanovic-opens-up-about-his-ubergate-shame-as-he-returns-to-tv/news-story/fdaec6aab09df2a87f6365e4f0337326

Absolutely cooked.

He will also co-host First Edition with Laura Jayes, beginning July 1.
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/peter-stefanovic-reveals-new-gig-with-sky-news/news-story/c4bf2bff672fd999285a4568d4e63ae9

1 Like

2 Likes

Also says that Tim Gilbert will have duties on Weekend Breakfast too.

1 Like

Hasn’t Tim Gilbert been doing a Saturday morning horse racing show for a while too?

I reckon that’s pretty good programming!

I have thought for a while that having two hosts in separate studios doesn’t work overly well, so it’ll be good having Peter & Laura in the same studio presenting a straight news breakfast show! Then leading into AM Agenda with more of a politics focus with two anchors in the same studio. I think it works well and it’s a good program.

3 Likes
1 Like

Mark Calvert giving jobs to all his old workmates from Nine. You wouldn’t want to be a former Seven or Ten journo trying to get a job at Sky News these days.

10 Likes

So Jaynie Seal will be on breakfast news seven days a week, or will someone else do a couple of days of Headline News?

I believe someone else is doing the weekday show alongside Pete Stefanovic

Yes, but Jaynie Seal is not on weekday breakfast on Sky News, she is on the weekday breakfast Headline News on Sky News Weather and Sky News on WIN.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Laura Jayes, the current co-host will be joined by Stefanovic.

1 Like

Interesting they need some more sporting on Sky News, hopefully it would replace Paul Murray a few nights a week.

1 Like

Why would they replace their highest rating show and a show that rates very well compared to all Foxtel shows including rating #1 on occasions? It wouldn’t have anything to do with you trying to censor those with a different view to you, would it?

2 Likes

No, it was just crap idea :slight_smile: