Insiders

Well this is an upgrade for him… fleeing that trash news Corp organization. He will no longer have to put up with Paul Murray shouting at him with his vile right wing rhetoric.

How he lasted that long at that place. He was the last shred of credibility at sky fucking news.

8 Likes

Heeeeeeeee’s bacckkk!!! Where have you been the past week @cmo ?? It’s like you went missing, why’s that? I’ve missed you!

2 Likes

Kieran Gilbert & Laura Jayes are still flying the flag for actual journalism on Sky News at the moment (I personally hope they’ll leave for better media organisations soon!), but I take your point.

2 Likes

I work.

1 Like

:joy::joy: You were posting about five times per day before the election (go back and look if you can’t remember) and then nothing post election??? Hmm I wonder why that is!! :joy:

How many offers would David Speers have had over the years to move to another outlet?

You have to wonder what has happened to propel him to move on. Sky News has been a farce for a few years now. Perhaps he had one too many run ins with Paul Murray

6 Likes

It’s great to see ABC poaching Speers to replace Cassidy on Insiders.

There was speculation in 2016 that not only were the ABC trying to poach both Speers & Gilbert but that Leigh Sales initiated the talks

In regards to your second point, that’s what I’ve been thinking about too considering he renewed his contract in late 2017 and I doubt Sky would have done a short-term renewal

2 Likes

High class get for the ABC. Perfect replacement.

1 Like

Patricia Karvelas also used to work on Sky before moving to ABC and RN

Hopefully David Speers has more of an active role at the ABC like he did over at Sky News, rather than just only presenting Insiders like what Barrie Cassidy has been doing.

1 Like

Barrie said on News Breakfast this morning… I couldn’t be more chuffed that someone with credibility and respect within the industry wants to do Insiders.

Barrie did say no formal announcement has been made as yet but it will be made eventually.

2 Likes

1 Like

Michael Smith is claiming on his website that Insiders is moving from the ABC studios in Melbourne to the ABC studio in the press gallery at Parliament House in Canberra.

2 Likes

She was working for both Sky & RN before she moved fully to the ABC

2 Likes

Interesting. Cassidy said on Twitter last night it won’t move because it’s too important to the Melbourne economy.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Sky News political editor David Speers is expected to take a significant pay cut after accepting a role with the ABC replacing Insiders host Barrie Cassidy, fuelling speculation about why he would leave the 24-hour news channel after more than a decade.

1 Like

As suggested by the Guardian last week.