Sky News

1 Like

Mark Calvert giving jobs to all his old workmates from Nine. You wouldn’t want to be a former Seven or Ten journo trying to get a job at Sky News these days.

10 Likes

So Jaynie Seal will be on breakfast news seven days a week, or will someone else do a couple of days of Headline News?

I believe someone else is doing the weekday show alongside Pete Stefanovic

Yes, but Jaynie Seal is not on weekday breakfast on Sky News, she is on the weekday breakfast Headline News on Sky News Weather and Sky News on WIN.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Laura Jayes, the current co-host will be joined by Stefanovic.

1 Like

Interesting they need some more sporting on Sky News, hopefully it would replace Paul Murray a few nights a week.

1 Like

Why would they replace their highest rating show and a show that rates very well compared to all Foxtel shows including rating #1 on occasions? It wouldn’t have anything to do with you trying to censor those with a different view to you, would it?

2 Likes

No, it was just crap idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted restaurant reviewer Derryn Hinch is about to sign with Sky News and will apparently front his own After Dark program after he leaves his current job at the end of June.

Source: The Australian

1 Like

More like a return to Sky News for Derryn Hinch, because he did present “Hinch Live” at 9pm on weekend evenings between February 2015 and April 2016.

Source: The old “Hinch Live” Twitter account program is still up! :wink:

3 Likes

Really looking forward to watching this:

3 Likes

Wasn’t aware of his restaurant reviewing abilities. Best if one’s sober for that line of work.

And yes I have served Derryn back in my hospitality days before he traded in his liver.

2 Likes

Rare to say this but a well produced promo, will be very interesting to watch. Glad sky decided to opt with a different V/O rather than the other one that is past its use by date.

1 Like

Despite the speculation that the dissolution of the joint venture between News Corp and Nine which turned Sky News Business into Your Money would result in the business channel being brought back under Sky control, (Sky News commercial director Cathryn) Adams says there’s no plan for that to happen.

Sky News has released the first look on its new 2-part political documentary Bad Blood / New Blood, on the show’s microsite.