Seven (Southern Cross)

Not a real map of course… something stylistic… like this (but different):

1 Like

Still too close; now the association has been made! :wink:

I was surprised it took this long for SCA to ditch their own branding but now it’s done I don’t seem them spending (no doubt wasting in their view) more money to bring back separate branding.

No doubt you’re right… given they’ve gone to the trouble of whacking “Tasmania” after the 7 (a triumph of creative genius) I thought something a little more creative would be nice… not that it would happen.

Creating a new logo even if it includes the 7 network logo also defeats the purpose of going with the national look in the first place.

2 Likes

Best I could possibly see but not going to happen is like the 7 being turned into a ribbon and sort of doing the shape of Tasmania (ribbon like they had before and I think they’ve done the triangle shape before) followed by the word Tasmania as they have.

2 Likes

Didn’t 7 QLD have it’s own logo/watermark for a while despite using the metro feed/branding on air? And that was Seven O&O. It’s been done before.

But for how long did that last after 7 bought the regional Qld stations?

9NBN might’ve been a better example (the stupid mis-mash of branding with their news is still ongoing).

I’d be interested to know if anyone is able to answer.

I see this morning that SC7 are airing Sunrise half an hour early in Darwin this morning (5:00am - 8:30am) due to the cricket afterwards.

I seem to remember someone on here at some stage mentioning a previous occasion where SC7 let Sunrise go to air with the incorrect time on the clock rather than covering it up.

I’m wondering if anyone knows if they’ve done their own clock coverup this morning, or whether they’re airing the programme with the wrong time in the corner?

2 Likes

As in the past few years, the City of Melbourne New Year’s Eve midnight fireworks will be shown on Southern Cross in Tasmania and NT. Coverage starts at 11pm local time (live in TAS, delayed in NT).

3 Likes
1 Like

I bet all this “7Food Network promos slipping in” drama from late November was caused by RACING.COM as they run on a national feed? I see there were 7flix promos slipping through RACING.COM (via Prime) as far as 2016…

Nah, they were on the main 7 channel, haven’t actually seen any since 7Food launched though.

2 Likes

I have. Watch any Ramsay show after the BBL, full of 7FN ads.

2 Likes

Have seen the new 7 promo for the year with all the personalities several times today on 7 Tasmania. Absolutely no changes, includes all the Melbourne news team (who we don’t see) and the tagline “Melbourne’s Favourite” at the end.

3 Likes

What the…? Is there another playout issue at SCA?

1 Like

Why not just keep using the “You’re In My Heart” pillow promo until/if they film an updated one?

1 Like

Report to the contact service on SCA’s website quick!

1 Like

The Tasmanian version has now been released, just shared on the Nightly News 7 Tasmania facebook page (still a mouthful!). As predicted it has the News team in there replacing the Melbourne ones and a couple of logos missing from that shot - only 7, 7Two, 7Mate and 7plus. Also ends with Tasmania’s Favourite.

6 Likes

There’s a big 2019 coming your way here on 7 Tasmania - Lead by MKR on January 29.

As mentioned in the Seven presentation thread they seem to have got the date wrong!

Do we ever think Southern Cross (in the near future) may sell out to Seven?

I don’t think so.
Correct me if I’m wrong but last I remember, 7 said they weren’t interested in buying them out (it could’ve been with Prime/GWN)