Seven (Southern Cross)

Actually I do not reside in Darwin. I now reside in the eastern suburbs of Sydney where it’s cooler.

Good to see Darwin TV progressing ahead though Hopefully DDT HD will be next

1 Like

Well if its confirmed SCA7 Darwin has gone HD AND 7QLD have dumped 7SD altogether… then these areas may see 7 in HD sooner than expected. GWN7 may struggle but GTS/BKN and WIN monopoly areas not so much

A straight swap like regional Qld would be great for now.

1 Like

If GTS/BKN changed to HD-only like RQLD they’d have to (finally) push the news bulletin to Hobart or Lonnie. I don’t think the Canberra studios are HD.

Tonight’s Seven News Update for Darwin

This is airing multiple times on 7 GTS/BKN. I wonder if this is in error or are SCA actually going to broadcast 7Food on channel 64 as the caption says?

5 Likes

Hey @Jer, is the channel actually named “7 GTS/BKN”, or have they chosen to do separate names for each area?

2 Likes

I’ve seen the ad multiple times too but did a scan yesterday and no channel so I doubt it’s coming, especially with 7flix not having appeared yet.

3 Likes

7 Port Pirie if that is what you mean. On screen, it is all 7 branding with some SCA ads. No mention of GTS/BKN at all.

First time I’ve officially seen the 7 Tasmania branding now and the first of the Christmas themed 7 advertising for the year too.

And yes, I have more caps if people really want! (for archival purposes of course)

9 Likes

Finally they reveal their brand!

5 Likes

And the ad they chose to do it with was not all they revealed! Good to see it finally on air though and have confirmation as to who they actually are now!

1 Like

Surely it’s called something? We have on-air branding for 7 TASMANIA (as seen above), 7 CENTRAL and 7 DARWIN - what do 7 GTS/BKN show when the other SCA 7 affiliates show the above?

…I thought the station IDs were enough to confirm their brand?

1 Like

When there was the talk about them not being able to use the Seven brand with the news and the social media still with Southern Cross and the sudden removal of the 7 logo from local advertising which had been put up just before the change and with nobody actually calling it 7 from Southern Cross (just not calling things anything) then it wasn’t really strong how they were branding to distinguish the Tasmanian part.

They usually just show the Southern Cross Austereo logo, which represents all ten commercial channels.

2 Likes

I would have thought 7 Tasmania could have done clever with the map of Tassie (no snickering please) for their logo.

The shape of the 7 and the island would lend itself to something mappy-esque with the 7 sitting inside a stylised map.

WIN haters try not to go feral af the mention of mappy.

3 Likes

Channeling the old Tas TV logo?

Too late! I was already there!

4 Likes

I snickered too as I wrote it :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, conceptually like Tas TV

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Can’t resist…obligatory objection: Kill mappy! Die-die-die! Don’t-copy-it!!!

(Sorry :sweat:)

2 Likes