Seven (Southern Cross)

Prime approached Seven and Seven said no.

2 Likes

I doubt it. Affiliation is a continuous revenue source for Seven with none of the responsibility (staff, infrastructure, sales, etc.)

5 Likes

Does Southern Cross get any benefit in their agreement from promoting 7plus?

1 Like

There would also have to be some doubt about the financial viability of regionals if not their existence.

All the networks have their own live streaming services effectively by passing their affiliates.

While I don’t think they’ll disappear soon… Long term with the NBN and alternative sources of local news there’s just no reason for them to exist in the long term.

1 Like

My guess is no but instead a requirement in the affiliation agreement.

1 Like

I just saw a 7 cricket promo with all the Tassie news crew, did anyone capture it?

2 Likes

Was it this one?:

The Tasmania “Faces” Ident:

The Darwin “Faces” Ident:

Generic Idents:

Billboard:

CSA:

9 Likes

Do “(the) Spencer Gulf’s Favourite” and “Central (Australia)'s Favourite” exist?

4 Likes

Seven Tasmania’s schedule next Wednesday (January 30) when other states have the premiere of Undercurrent:
07:00pm My Kitchen Rules
09:00pm Criminal Minds (repeat double)
11:10pm The Latest: Seven News

1 Like

Interesting!
Any reason the show is not being shown in Tas?

Legal reasons, because the program is about the murder of a man in Tasmania and an appeal case is still before the courts there.

Because of that, Seven Tasmania will likely air Undercurrent at a later date.

4 Likes

Interesting, been a while since there’s been programming changes for Tasmania. Just googled to see if it was the case I thought it was. It’s timed for the 10th anniversary of it this week.

1 Like

The 9pm episode is new, not a repeat.

Ah, so another Underbelly legal scenario…

Does this mean that Seven Central won’t be airing it either, since part of their signal reaches Tasmania?

2 Likes

According to online guides, Seven Central in NT and outback QLD will get Undercurrent.

1 Like

Longer version of the SCA 7 Ident:

5 Likes

7 Central is split into North and South these days so the North feed (Qld/NT) can still show Undercurrent. South feed will not show because it covers parts of Tasmania.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I know the north and south feeds are fed from Brisbane and, I think, Sydney respectively so their programming does vary on occasions - but have they opted out in this way before?

What are 7 Central South replacing Undercurrent with? The same schedule as Tasmania are seeing?

2 Likes

Yes the same as Tasmania

1 Like

I wonder if SC (facility in Canberra) have this on file/servers, or had to request Seven to provide them with something?

1 Like