Seven On-Air Presentation

I most likely wouldn’t have see the “Seven HD Digital” demonstration loop when it was originally on air, but I think I remember that footage of Sydney being used by Seven News for Openers & Promos around the mid-2000s.

How did you get footage of these streams from the 7 Olympics website

There are similar ‘Up Next On 7’ promo being used for the Australian Swimming Championships this week at the end of MKR but in the case of Wednesday night, WA still got the same promo as everywhere else in Australia counting down to the swimming next on Seven when it was actually the movie “November Man” :grimacing:

Actually this “Up Next On 7” promo was not used on Thursday night at the end of MKR, it was just a generic 7Plus one, probably for the reason I outlined above so it won’t be inaccurate for WA viewers. I don’t think they would bother to make two different promo ending things, one for WA and one for the rest of Australia.

The “Up Next On 7” promo was used once again tonight at the end of Better Homes & Gardens for the Swimming though. Talk about inconsistencies!! This time however WA actually did get a standard 7Plus promo rather than the “Up Next On 7” one featuring the swimming so at least the people at BCM fixed up this mistake from Wednesday.

Well they should bother if they had any concern for their brand. Sloppiness should never be tolerated.

I don’t know where else to post this so I’ll post it here. There were some major technical problems before in the final commercial break of Sunrise in WA, I don’t know if other places had the same problems at the same time or not. It was between about 9:07 and 9:16 AWST. A black screen was shown for about 2 minutes then for another 7 minutes an image of the Seven logo appeared on a white background for the remainder of the time before eventually cutting into The Morning Show at about 9:16 as I said above. Very odd.

That content was probably a lot more interesting than Sunrise itself. I expect ratings will be higher for the show today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Sounds like what happened during Seven News Perth back in 2016, when Sports with Bas started, the virtual set had a major technical glitch, displaying the Sports backdrop but not Basil himself!

It then randomly cut away to the Seven logo on the white background as you mentioned, before returning to Basil behind the normal Perth skyline background, with him sitting at the desk with Rick and Sue before the cross to TodayTonight, as the Weather was skipped.

Here’s my original post from March 2016:

1 Like

Yeah that was the exact Seven logo image that I saw shown this morning that was shown back then. I’ve never seen this Seven logo and background shown anywhere else before. Is it something related to Seven Perth only or could Seven right around the country show it?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that Seven logo slide (which actually dates back to the 2008 On-Air Presentation package! :open_mouth:) is used as the standard breakdown screen for the network across the country.

6 Likes

Nothing surprising. Why would a network get all aspects of the brand done every time they get a redesign when little-seen elements can just get done every ten years.

DD8 or any other design company are not cheap…

1 Like

I doubt it would cost that much to update a breakdown slide though, surely it wouldn’t be that hard to use something like a screenshot from end of the current Station ID (maybe have something like “Please Stand By” in place of the “GottaLoveIt” slogan)?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
3 Likes

It’s a static 7 logo and funny enough it would probably rated very well in Perth! :joy:

7 Likes

Oddly enough, Brisbane’s signal also went to black at around 11am local time today. Same breakdown screen as in Perth. Must’ve been a system wide problem at BCM?

2 Likes

Was it more like 11:10 in Brisbane, which was 9:10 in Perth when I said it happened?

Yeah it was roughly around that time.

1 Like

Oh you want to combine 7 and 9 pres and subsequently people losing jobs…what does that button do after all?

2 Likes

Like the time 7:30 got onto WIN :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

I notice Seven has dropped the short countdown to the next show at the end of My Kitchen Rules last night. The countdown occurred during the Winter Olympics, the whole March and up to April 3.

1 Like

Was the case on sunday night too.

1 Like