Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

[quote=“Mischievous1, post:980, topic:103, full:true”]
That’s a darn uncomfortable way to sit for 30 mins while presenting a bulletin.
[/quote] Nat sat on the same seat and position, however in front of a green screen, for somewhat 7 years!

That’s a darn uncomfortable way to sit for 30 mins while presenting a bulletin.

7 Likes

chair that’s backless with an Australian Post mail box on top,
Barstool for nat,
then a warehouse step stool for make up and water,

surely they have something around that’s better than that???

2 Likes

Seven Network budget cuts, perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue:

Jodie? :wink:

1 Like

Major problem just occurred at Perth tonight. Only part of the virtual set appeared with Basil missing from the shot. So they went to this screen:

Basil is now presenting from Skyline view:

2 Likes

yeah all sorts of problems tonight. Lost audio on the weather.

Yep, now gone to ad break.

Now the weather has been skipped, so they went to TodayTonight.

Sounds shocking.

In addition to the major problems re: presentation, there are major problems regarding content too.

An ‘exclusive’ report being advertised for tomorrow’s bulletin, featuring Nic Naitanui fishing on his/a boat.

Beyond pathetic. No semblance of even being a credible news bulletin any more. Lucky those ratings meters were reset last November to give them a massive lead again, after months of hemorrhaging audience.

Did anybody get a recording of these errors?

7 Brisbane promo

Strange that they should use “For almost 60 years” as the station didn’t start until 1959.

5 Likes

1959? gosh, that’s almost 60 years ago!

2 Likes

I really like the promo end board, but the voiceover and theme music are old just like the rest of their graphics.

I think that Seven News are trying to target an older demographic, which may also explains the “Special Report” promo presented by Ben Roberts-Smith airing earlier today:

And in Sydney, Seven News have (in line with the borderline obsession that most of the Sydney commercial media generally have with the event every year) been running their Royal Easter Show Tickets Competition this week…only close to a month after Nine started it’s three week family pass competition blitz:

As for the actual “coverage” of the event, I’m sure it comes as absolutely no surprise that Seven have chosen Damien Smith to battle it out against Nine’s Mike Dalton. Needless to say, I’m watching the reports on both networks with much interest to see who can come out with the best puns! :wink:

They’re not trying, it’s just that they’re the only people still watching news at 6pm. Anyone with half a brain wouldn’t be wasting their time watching the garbage Seven puts out.

2 Likes

Courier Mail:

Is change on the way for Seven News Brisbane?

Ratings slump sparks newsdeck rumours

ROD Young hasn’t ruled out returning to the Seven News Brisbane weeknight bulletin.

Veteran newsman Young and co-anchor Kay McGrath were moved to the weekend slots after more than a decade in the weeknight slot, and replaced with duo Bill McDonald and Sharyn Ghidella at the beginning of 2013.

Together, the popular team of Young and McGrath had taken Seven News Brisbane to No.1.

But the Monday to Friday bulletin is now being consistently beaten by Nine, prompting rumours of an imminent switch. Any suggestions have been consistently and fervently denied by Seven.

Come on, just do it!

1 Like

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:994, topic:103”]
Ratings slump sparks newsdeck rumours
[/quote]The full deal with both Rod and Kay returning to the weekday newsdesk would be great, however I doubt it would happen. IIRC,at the time of the switch Kay was quoted as saying something like ‘After 30 years reading the weeknight news, it will be nice to have a break’. However, in the article/s I read at the time, Kay, Sharyn and Bill were all quoted as saying they were happy with the move- NO word on what Young thought.

In addition, I honestly believe Seven don’t want to risk losing Sharyn Ghidella. Bill on the other hand, they don’t really care as much. Demoting Sharyn back to where she was pre-2013, will have negatives affects and as for Bill , if he is removed from the weeknight roles, you wouldn’t not stay with the network, would you?

Although I would absolutely ‘make the immediate switch’ if Rod and Kay returned to the weekday role, and the promos would be so easy to do -experience, trusted, etc.- there is another reason why I don’t think Kay will return to her former position. Giving her 30 plus years at Seven News Brisbane, the likelihood of her retiring, I presume, is just looming ahead. This provide inconsistency for the network - demoting Sharyn on minute then having to return her back when Kay leaves.

On another note, we mentioned a Gold Coast bulletin a few weeks ago, Bianca Stone should become the anchor. She filled in over summer a few years ago and IMO did a better job than Amanda Abate, Katrina Blowers and Kendall Gilding do now!

1 Like

[quote=“nationalnews, post:995, topic:103, full:true”]

At the time I read those quotes as something written by the PR department rather than anything they thought themselves.

I doubt and don’t think they’ll switch back to Rod & Kay… Seven News just needs a massive refresh (for the millionth time) A new set, graphics! Shouldn’t of shafted them to weekends in the first place as they were winning by abit! But it’s been too long couple years now. I’m sure Rod & Kay presented for abit this year or last and they still didn’t win the ratings?

2 Likes

As others have suggested, I agree that Seven really need to have Rod & Kay (or at least Rod & Sharyn) still presenting the weeknight news in Queensland. And in Sydney, bite the bullet and make the switch to Melissa Doyle already!

I wouldn’t be holding my breath for a completely new set in Queensland anytime soon…maybe some major modifications to make the set more like the Sydney/national version (which I’m not a particular fan of) at the very most.

Of course, I completely agree that Seven News needs a massive refresh.

2 Likes