Seven On-Air Presentation

What about Adelaide & Perth too? Their start times would be different too, not just Brisbane’s!!

2 Likes

I think the “AEDT” should be much bigger than that. Apart from that though, there’s really nothing wrong with writing “12pm AEDT” in my opinion.

For some reason today, there’s no EPG coming up on any of 7’s channels in North QLD, and the LCN names have been changed.

They’re coming up right now as:
7: “7 Digital” (previously called “7 Townsville”)
70: “7 Digital”
71: “7 Digital 1”
72: “7TWO”
73: “7mate”
76: “7flix”
78: “Racing.com

1 Like

Too easy… Minus an hour.

Gee, that QLD folk :wink:

1 Like

Why would anyone in Queensland expect a program start time to be given in daylight savings time? The average punter would even know what AEDT meant.

1 Like

Well, I’m being nice Cynic, you’re being a negative nancy (and cynical about daylight savings :wink:)

1 Like

More like, we just don’t cowtow to the silliness of southern states.

3 Likes

LOL

Perhaps we don’t cowtow to the relcalcitrants (Qld, NT, WA)…

A normal next promo for “Love Actually” (2003) said at the end of it “brought to you by Telstra” (with their coloured logo on a full screen).

Haven’t seen that before.

5 Likes

Saw a new promo for 2018 called “the year of competition” tonight on 7plus at the end of Instant Hotel. It features summer of tennis, AFL, Winter Olympic Games, My Kitchen Rules, Commonwealth Games and Australian Spartan.
(My TV could not receive Seven tonight due to antenna problems so I had to watch Instant Hotel on 7plus)

3 Likes

7Live? :thinking:

Isn’t 7Plus (formerly Plus7) the VOD (catch-up) platform?

1 Like

No, it’s 7plus. It has a live button at the top of the homepage.

1 Like

The Good Doctor finished suddenly tonight, going to an ad, for the next program to commence after it.

No end credits on bottom of screen nor promo for next week?

Must’ve really caught up to US?

Okay, thank you.

Yet Seven’s broadcast system promotes “Watch via 7Live” a couple of minutes into every program on every channel.

1 Like

Yes. The episode aired here 7 hours after it’s US broadcast.

The lack of ending confused everyone in my house though, was really weird to see Seven skip the credits.

2 Likes

In rare fashion for Seven, EPG was also off.

Said 8:51pm in Melbourne, only for me to miss the pre-title segment (~5min) :neutral_face:

1 Like

Just a case of Seven trying to trick viewers into staying on the channel for longer and possibly watching the next show.

Being shown close to the US time makes zero difference as the program is available days in advance.

Foxtel manage this on a couple of dozen shows each week (with some shown at the same time as US). Tonight FOX 8 had Supergirl and Arrow shown just hours after US as part of a 4-series crosser event, likewise tomorrow with the next two shows.

2 Likes

7plus = VOD catch-up

7Live/7plus Live TV = live streaming

One of the problems with Seven’s live streaming is no brand coherence. On-air it has been promoted variously as Plus7 Live and 7Live even before talk of the 7plus rebrand. Two separate domain names for identical content doesn’t help either.

4 Likes

Look out for the usual “Thank you for making Seven Australia’s No. 1” idents over the next week or two, as they’ve done in recent years, with various network personalities.

Last year had Manu & Pete from MKR at the end saying “10 years in a row”. Shudder :persevere:

1 Like

New “Jan 29” promos (seen at the end of Good Doctor - return date + MKR).

Includes its own graphic.

1 Like

Just saw the promo for “Seven > 2018”, with Imagine Dragons’ Believer.

Showcasing Australian Open, MKR, Winter Olympics, AFL, House Rules, Australian Spartan, Commonwealth Games.

There’ll probably be more to come.

Waiting for the Olivia Newton John telemovie promotion campaign.

1 Like