Seven On-Air Presentation

Yes. The episode aired here 7 hours after it’s US broadcast.

The lack of ending confused everyone in my house though, was really weird to see Seven skip the credits.

2 Likes

In rare fashion for Seven, EPG was also off.

Said 8:51pm in Melbourne, only for me to miss the pre-title segment (~5min) :neutral_face:

1 Like

Just a case of Seven trying to trick viewers into staying on the channel for longer and possibly watching the next show.

Being shown close to the US time makes zero difference as the program is available days in advance.

Foxtel manage this on a couple of dozen shows each week (with some shown at the same time as US). Tonight FOX 8 had Supergirl and Arrow shown just hours after US as part of a 4-series crosser event, likewise tomorrow with the next two shows.

2 Likes

7plus = VOD catch-up

7Live/7plus Live TV = live streaming

One of the problems with Seven’s live streaming is no brand coherence. On-air it has been promoted variously as Plus7 Live and 7Live even before talk of the 7plus rebrand. Two separate domain names for identical content doesn’t help either.

4 Likes

Look out for the usual “Thank you for making Seven Australia’s No. 1” idents over the next week or two, as they’ve done in recent years, with various network personalities.

Last year had Manu & Pete from MKR at the end saying “10 years in a row”. Shudder :persevere:

1 Like

New “Jan 29” promos (seen at the end of Good Doctor - return date + MKR).

Includes its own graphic.

1 Like

Just saw the promo for “Seven > 2018”, with Imagine Dragons’ Believer.

Showcasing Australian Open, MKR, Winter Olympics, AFL, House Rules, Australian Spartan, Commonwealth Games.

There’ll probably be more to come.

Waiting for the Olivia Newton John telemovie promotion campaign.

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised that LukeMovieMan didn’t mention how the “7” watermark was missing during at least part of The Midday Movie this afternoon!

The usual logo made a return back on the 3pm airing of The Chase UK (for whatever reason, The Daily Edition has it’s own custom “7” watermark).

3 Likes

Interesting.

It’s technically not a network watermark, just a translucent graphic pasted on by TMS and TDE.

1 Like

“7” was attending its Christmas Party today. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

images-69

1 Like

Is that the one called “the year of competition” that I saw last week?

1 Like

There was a broadcast technical problem with 7mate tonight, Inter Dominion trots in Perth didn’t start until after 10:30pm in Melbourne and Sydney (EPG had 10pm).

Ryan Phelan apologised, hosting with a guy from West Australian and another expert.

A filler program played beforehand instead. Issue with feed between track and BCM?

1 Like

Looks like BCM just played out a BTQ Christmas ident on HSV.

4 Likes

Really?

I’ve been watching Willy Wonka tonight and didn’t notice anything.

What was sit?

2 Likes

Kay Mcgrath, seemed a bit odd that she was doing a Christmas plug on HSV.

2 Likes

Seen it once on TVW Perth only just recently.

4 Likes

Was it one of those “Best Christmas Gift” spots plugging the “My 7 Christmas” website or a more locally produced-looking thing?

Either way, I don’t think I’ve seen it air in Sydney (yet anyway).

1 Like

Nup, it looked like it was plugging a charity but I forgot the name.

It might have had a plug on 7News that night.

1 Like

8 Likes