Seven On-Air Presentation 2000-2002

Oh that Adopt-a-Dot campaign that went nowhere.

3 Likes

What was Adopt-A-Dot all about just after the Olympics

@mubd does have a presence here on Media Spy, you know.

We’ve covered this quite extensively before, even dedicating a thread to the discussion!

4 Likes

I had to start slapping “please don’t steal my videos” on my channel because there have been douchebags going about ripping the vids and re-uploading them to their own channels without naming me as the source. Really shits me because of the amount of effort it takes to capture and upload the videos. I really don’t care, as long as they name me as the source…

A YouTuber called Steven Water and another called Conor Macdonald are serial offenders.

10 Likes

Caps from Seven Perth - Monday 25/2/2002

The Midday Movie Break Bumpers:

PRG:

Seven’s Current Temp:

Promo Endtags:

4 Likes

Caps from Channel Seven Adelaide 11 July 2000

Video Credit YouTube/Jeff Alberton

3 Likes

Caps from Channel Seven Sydney - Tuesday the 17th and Wednesday the 18th of October 2000, during Part 1 and 2 of Gone With The Wind

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

Technical Problem:

5 Likes

Caps from 7 Sydney on 22 December 2001 during Carols in the Domain

Christmas ident and intro

Video credit YouTube/Chris Tracey

5 Likes

With thanks to @Zampakid once again, more caps from Seven Adelaide this time from Friday May 24, 2002 (airdate based on “last weekend of Autumn” comment by Nuala Hafner during the Weather Update).

Seven Adelaide’s contribution to the 2002 “The One To Watch” network Idents - local TT/news presenter scenes featuring Leigh McClusky, Jane Doyle & Graham Goodings:

Promo Endtags:

“When Dinosaurs Roamed” Breakbumpers:

Poorly formatted PRG (would’ve been better to use two lines for a program title of this length):

Sponsor Billboards:

M Classification Warning before “A Touch of Frost”:

9 Likes

This would’ve been the 30th Anniversary Reunion.

2 Likes

Love this.

5 Likes

Taken from HSV-7 Melbourne 24 September 2001 Brownlow Medal Night

Credit YouTube/Nick Hoare

3 Likes

Taken from HSV-7 2 September 2000

Credit YouTube/Nick Hoare

2 Likes

With thanks to @Zampakid once again, yet another batch of caps. Slowly but surely, something resembling a complete picture from this On-Air Presentation Package (and many others from different eras/channels) is emerging!

Channel Seven Sydney - Saturday April 6, 2002.

Promo Endtags:

Promos for Alias, Always Greener, The Practice, SportsWatch and Today Tonight were also seen during this recording, however the endtags were almost identical to caps already posted here so no point duplicating those.

Breakbumpers for The Wizard of Oz & Bean:

Sponsor Billboard:

…and last but certainly not least, what very well could be among the earliest examples of Movie Tie-In Idents on Australian TV:

While they’re probably something I really should remember seeing on TV back then, oddly I don’t have any memories (if I did, they’re long forgotten by now) of those Ice Age Idents.

8 Likes

Channel Seven Perth - Sunday 1/10/2000
Recorded during the Sydney 2000 Olympics closing ceremony

Promo Endtags:

10 Likes

Great finds. Would like to see the full Closing Ceremony from that day.

2 Likes

Granted it’s without any of the commentary we saw/heard on Seven, but didn’t the official Olympics YouTube channel upload both the Opening & Closing Ceremonies of Sydney 2000 some time ago?

4 Likes

Archive.org would be a good destination site to upload full videos.

2 Likes

Sorry…no can do. I’m not taking any risks…

7 Likes

So why did you ask?

5 Likes