Seven On-Air Presentation 2000-2002

Again saving @zampakid some time, more caps from Seven Perth and Sunday October 8, 2000.

Green Lineup:

Promo Endtags:

Notably, this recording included a promo for the Series Premiere of Hot Auctions - was there much (if any) difference between this show and the similarly named/logoed Hot Property? Also that logo for City Central looks somewhat similar in style to the logo of Deal Or No Deal from some 6-7 years later.

Finally for now, here’s some snapshots of what looks like the most expensive version of a “Nobody Knows News Like Seven” promo to ever be produced for the Perth 6pm bulletin with shots filmed around the world (with such a theme, it was probably launched during the Olympics?) in that typically arty look which characterised so much television promotion and advertising around the turn of the millennium:

9 Likes

Note the solid red logo used in the promos that would be used on the network itself in 2003.

1 Like

To the best of my recollection, very similar formats - Michael Caton introducing/narrating three or four stories about people selling or buying via auction (Hot Auctions) or via the standard sale process (Hot Property)

2 Likes

Caps from Seven Sydney - May 2002

‘My Favourite Martian’ Break Bumpers:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

7 Likes

Undercover Angels. What a format that was.

4 Likes

Caps from Seven Sydney - Saturday 16/3/2002

Casper/The Edge Break bumpers:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

At the time no one saw the sudden demise of that show coming. In 2002 it was only reduced to once a week and then it disappeared without notice after April 22.

2 Likes

Cornelia Frances signed off 5 weeks later with “we will see you later in the year” but the show never returned.

3 Likes

This was Seven News Perth from the supposed final episode - 22 April 2002. It advertised TWL as being a new episode.

YouTube credit - matt01video
6 Likes

Caps from Seven Sydney - Saturday 24/11/2001

Ident:

Sponsor:

The Parent Trap Break Bumpers:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Channel Seven Sydney - Sunday June 30, 2002:

8 Likes

HSV-7 Melbourne 27 April 2001

Credit YouTube/oztiger73

6 Likes

Taken sometime in September 2001 on HSV-7 during an episode of Wheel of Fortune

Credit YouTube/Chris Pyke

3 Likes

Having tracked down the upload, the recording is most likely to be from 3/9/2001. Aside from the references to that episode of Wheel being a Monday one, the headlines during the one of Seven News Updates were also among the top stories on that night’s Ten News Melbourne.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember one episode where, after a contestant got voted off, he said “hasta la vista, baby” to Cornelia while doing the walk of shame.

In another, a contestant got so angry that when he left the podium, he threw his board and it hit Cornelia in the leg, though this was edited out of the broadcast.

6 Likes

With thanks to @Zampakid for these, something from his latest batch of tapes from the West…interestingly enough recorded just four days after an airing of “The Parent Trap” from Sydney you saw caps from in May.

Channel Seven Perth - Wednesday November 28, 2001.

Promo Endtags, Network-wide programs:

No, I’m not sure why the Davis Cup promo didn’t have any day/time info (either visually or as part of the voiceover) either.

Promo Endtags, Perth-specific programs:

“The Midday Movie” Breakbumpers (appropriately enough, seven in total):

Sponsored “Know Your Winter Sports” Segment promoting February’s Salt Lake Olympics, with Roy & HG:

Sponsor Billboard (obviously a local Perth one, with Fred Botica voiceover):

…and last but not least, the Lineup:

The 10 Second “Diving” Ident commonly shown on Seven during the later part of 2001 was played before and after the movie “Desperate Rescue”, just incase anyone’s wondering about that.

6 Likes

The diving men idents lasted until 2002

1 Like

While I couldn’t say for sure, I reckon the “Diving” Idents may have stopped airing when the Christmas Ident(s) began.

Early 2002 saw new versions of The One To Watch Idents introduced, some of which were 2 minutes long.

2 Likes

I finally figured out how to get the old DVD/HDD recorder and its remote to play nice after nearly eight years, so will be able to extract some of the old VHS conversions that were done in 2011/12 for you over coming weeks/months. Hey, at least this is something fun to do during the current pandemic and fairly average weather we usually get in Sydney during August!

Without further adieu, here are the first cabs off the rank…

Channel Seven Sydney - Friday May 11, 2001.

Promo Endtags:

“Ransom” Breakbumpers:

“The Friday Movie” Opener:

Sponsor Billboards:

For those interested, the Idents played during this particular recording were generic and Noni Hazelhurst 10 Seconders.

Channel Seven Sydney - July 4, 2001 (Fun fact: After being mostly recorded over a couple of years later, this recording came back on just as the ship was sinking during Titanic! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Promo Endtags:

“Titanic” Breakbumpers:

“Titanic” Sponsor Billboard:

…and finally, a rare (and incomplete, seems to have run for 20 seconds but I only got about 15 before the tape ran out) “What Do You Watch?” Ident with an Australian celebrity I probably should know but can’t quite put a name to:

If “What do I watch? The one to watch, Channel Seven” wasn’t the final line at the end of this, that was a major loss opportunity IMO!

10 Likes

Taken from ATN-7 Sydney 2 October 2000

Credit YouTube/mubd1234’s Aussie Media Archive

5 Likes