6 Likes

Caps from June 2002

Ident:

Sponsor Billboard:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Also from @zampakid’s collection, some Seven Perth content from 4/3/2001:

As you can see, the very early days of Digital TV comes up with some interesting stuff from an On-Air Presentation perspective. Breakbumpers shown in squished widescreen on analogue and promos still being edited in 4.3 with 16.9 program footage being presented in 14.9 with the black bars on the top/bottom.

I’d imagine that it wasn’t overly long before Seven started to produce all program promos for widescreen content in 16.9 widescreen (they were certainly doing that by May 2001, from what I’ve seen) but of course local Perth promos probably would’ve remained entirely 4.3-produced until around 2004 or so.

7 Likes

Wow thankyou for sharing! Do you by any chance have any 16:9 caps of news programs on 7 from the same era?

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t, at least not right now.

Besides, I think all Seven News programs would’ve still been produced in 4.3 back in 2001 - they were slower to upgrade than Nine & Ten.

2 Likes

29/10/2000, among @Zampakid’s most recent acquisitions from the West. This recording also included promos for Today Tonight and Better Homes & Gardens/The Great Outdoors but the endtags of those were pretty much exactly the same as those seen in the 4/3/2001 recording.

As a bit of a bonus, a couple of snaps of a Promo/Update for Seven News Perth (Sunday night edition with Paula Voce) if only because I don’t think we’ve seen this style of endtag before:

6 Likes

Unfortunately the tape these came off wasn’t in the best of shape (a pity because there were some interesting promos) but for what they’re worth, more promos from Channel Seven Perth. This time from 30/12/2000 and once again, thanks to @Zampakid:

Also, a couple of “Saturday Matinee” Breakbumpers (Were these ever used by the East Coast Sevens or just by the Perth station?):

And finally, some Promo/Updates for Seven News Perth:

Hopefully someone out there knows who that presenter is! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

With thanks to @zampakid, even more old content from Channel Seven Perth!

10/12/2000

Promo Endtags:

Christmas Ident:

20/1/2002

Promo Endtags - being the Summer non-ratings period and at a time Australian Open tennis would’ve been dominating Seven’s schedule, most of the promos are for shows premiering/returning for the 2002 ratings year!

Blue Sponsor Billboard, M & MA Classification Warnings, Sunday Night Movie Opener:

Breakbumpers, The Man in the Iron Mask:

Winter Olympics Ident:

Winter Olympics Promo:

Winter Olympics Sponsor Tag:

10 Likes

A few more caps from @Zampakid’s growing collection of Perth recordings, this time from December 2001 (not sure of the exact airdate).

Promo Endtags:

Christmas Ident:

Sponsored Christmas Carols:

Would I be right by presuming that the carols from school choirs were an annual tradition on Channel Seven in Perth? If so, I wonder how long they ran for…

7 Likes

Nine Perth did Christmas carols from school choirs for many years and are doing so recently

2 Likes

Content from Channel Seven Sydney 12-13/5/2002

Ident:

‘Tomorrow Never Dies’ Movie-Break Bumpers:

Dumb and Dumber PRG:

Promo Endtags:

6 Likes

**Manchester 2002 Commonwealth Games ** - July 2002

4 Likes

do you have any video coverage? Would love to see how Seven covered it back then.

1 Like

No I don’t.

2 Likes

A promo from April 2002. Includes a promo for The Mole where one assignment involves having to draw an animal on the turf of the QSAC in Brisbane.

2 Likes

Seems Seven were using the Australian Television Network name even in 2001.

Seven 2001 1

6 Likes

Caps from Seven Perth - Friday 10/11/2000

Goldeneye Movie Break Bumpers:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

What was the show treasure island all about?

1 Like

My memory is a little hazy and the wiki article isn’t much help, but it was a reality contest with two teams competing to find buried treasure.

I believe it had the usual challenges and contestants leaving (being voted out?) each week. Can’t recall if it was only on Sundays or also on Monday nights.

This thread is about the on air presentation so I won’t go further off topic beyond saying The Big Adventure on Seven a few years ago seemed to be a similar format.

4 Likes