Seven News (Regional Qld)

Does the bulletin get an encore on 7TWO? If so, it would be interesting to know if that too suffered the same problems (would depend on whether the issues were in the TX chain or the output from the studio, I’m guessing).

Just to clarify this all played out on the Live Stream link so I don’t really know what it was like in Rockhampton and It wasn’t just the news- It happened throughout Home & Away, Border Security and The Force, Switching between all different feeds (Some which looked like an analogue screen) . At 6:30 Local news restarted with the QLD news again and it all happened again. As for 7Two I’m not sure but I think it encored the same as what 7 was outputting. A lot of amusing Test Cards and other graphics came out of it too. Test Cards and Other Internal Graphics

4 Likes

I suspect there is was a problem with the streams based on what I’ve seen tonight. Going to various regions is delivering the wrong region and then mid-program it switches to another region. However, this isn’t happening to the broadcast.

Currently comparing the live steam to broadcast for Sunshine Coast has featured 4 different streams each suddenly cutting in:

Live stream in the last 3 minutes:

Broadcast TV is OK:

5 Likes

7 Regional news Sunshine Coast tonight

3 Likes

Chroma Key fail - news update

4 Likes

What’s wrong with it?

5 Likes

Very poor quality

Doesn’t look any different to what it normally does…

3 Likes

Decided to watch the 6:30pm cutdown 7 News Brisbane bulletin tonight.
Can’t believe how pointless the bulletin seems.

There was literally only 7 minutes of news and 4 stories covered before crossing to sport.

I get that they have to cross to sport live for time reasons but surely there’s a better way to do things!

Stories tonight were:
Stanthorpe Bushfire
Jackie Trad
Mugabe death
Welfare drug testing

Geez.

Surely Seven Queensland would be better off doing something similar to Prime7 with a Regional QLD bulletin of statewide/national/international news, sport & weather at 6.30pm?

3 Likes

Its a resourcing issue. Maroochydore already produces 7 bulletins, and BTQ is busy with 4pm, Gold Coast news at 5:30 then the 6pm bulletin.

4 Likes

Plus it’s a tested model. Seven is number 1.

3 Likes

Well, number one in Queensland, at the very least.

2 Likes

And even though the “shoot intros-then-edit-afterwards” method helped Seven QLD’s efficiency in making pre-recorded regions less outdated at 6pm, adding 30 more minutes for the theoretical national version would not be a good thing, especially cutting off viewers wanting to see Brisbane presenters reading the news during the other half of the newshour.

That’s what I was referring to. The local 6pm bulletin leading every market (by a substantial amount in some markets, I believe). I also, believe that the whole hour rates well against Nine. Would be silly to change it now, after 20 years.

2 Likes

Obviously the cutdown format is working well for 7 (for some reason), but it just seems so dodgy to watch.

Last night there was 7 minutes of news, ad break, then 8 minutes of sport, ad break, then the weather and closer.

It really didn’t seem worth watching the news to have only 4 news stories covered and then this long comprehensive sport update.

5 Likes

It’s a case of “If it ain’t broke then don’t fix it.”
7 Qld regional bulletins usually rate 80%+ at 6:00 pm in most of their markets.
WIN and 9 often rate *
One market had a viewing figure of over 90% last week, people are obviously happy with the status quo.

3 Likes

7News Townsville won a Clarion Award for their flood coverage.

1 of 5 awards for 7 News in Queesland.

2 Likes

Lucky Seven Sunshine Coast is live -only local bulletin to broadcast evacuation warning for Coolum.

6 Likes

Seven Sunshine Coast with live reporting and Rob Brough out talking to residents during the day

8 Likes