Seven News (Regional Qld)

And judging by some of Arrow TV’s uploads tonight, Rob on location puts Joanne on solo presenter mode in at least recording dual-presenter regions.

1 Like

Use of the background screen for the story image in the 1st picture was a really good call, looks great compared to the usual background feed of the coast.

Could someone upload a recording of the fire related parts of the bulletin? I wasn’t at home and a lot of it didn’t make it onto the clips on social media, but what did get uploaded looked really professional.

7 Likes
3 Likes

Maroochydore are absolutely pumping out the live crosses this week.

1 Like

Bizarre playout error in regional QLD tonight.

Sunshine Coast News finished with usual throw to the Brisbane bulletin but instead Cairns News strted.

Update Brisbane bulletin stated half way through the first story

4 Likes

Perhaps the control room at the Sunshine Coast probably stuffed up on some wires to BCM. What could happen if the NPC starts sending Seven’s signals to Regional QLD next year?

NPC already is responsible for 7QLD playout. BCM isn’t involved at all any more.

At least Sunshine Coast got a bulletin. The rest of 7QLD watched the Brisbane news.

There are more Facebook posts than that but I’m too tired to cap them all.

Technical problems aside, it’s really good to see Seven ensure the bulletins are available on their catchup service and upload the key stories of the night to social media. It demonstrates a level of commitment to serving their local communities that not all broadcasters have these days.

10 Likes

Hopefully it will be able to show that much care with the aggregated NSW markets post-Prime acq.

2 Likes

Maybe there wasn’t enough content in the Brisbane bulletin to start on time?

Good move by Seven. Still, what has caused the major failure in transmission to outside SC is still unknown, perhaps.

1 Like

The only bulletin they’ve got on the catchup service is the Sunshine Coast bulletin though.
That’s the only one that ever shows up when I’ve used 7plus before.

1 Like

From what I’m seeing across social media, there have been quite a few issues with the regional edition of 7 News over the last week. From what I’ve heard there was no regional news bulletin on Monday or Tuesday, and then on Friday night the Mackay bulletin went to air in Townsville.

4 Likes

I stand corrected :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Melbourne Cup winner was from the Sunshine Coast.

7 Local News using WIN coverage of the event except for the headlines

4 Likes

Reporter probably pulled their own vision from local FTA while the newscast editor had the 10 footage from their network ingest.

4 Likes

This is making me think of one time BTN Newsbreak used footage from WIN of the Bathurst 1000 2016 (back when the watermark was actually decent), despite using 10 footage every other time.

1 Like

Is this rare for the editing team in Maroochydore to mix up the closers for Thursday? Well, based on my observations, Thursday night’s Fishing with Scottie across regional QLD except “the Darling Downs and beyond.” And Livio and the team usually records separate closers for that specific region since there’s no coastline to fish.

Unfortunately, tonight (courtesy of @ScreenTower) was obviously a mix up.

4 Likes

It is rare…there was either an issue with the record or just a mistake.

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with that video.

1 Like

Livio is presenting weather, but Jo thanks Scotty (the fishing expert) who doesnt appear on the Toowoomba broadcast because they are inland.

Normally s seperate closer is shot for them.

2 Likes