Seven News (Regional Qld)

Been around since the 8/8/2016 graphics refresh, so pretty old now.

1 Like

I figured as much, didn’t realise the refresh was that long ago though, time flies.

4 Likes

Live cross for the opening story on 7 Sunshine Coast about the opening of Sunshine Plaza the “first super regional shopping centre north of Brisbane”.

3 Likes

Another live cross for 7 Sunshine Coast last night, this time to cover a march and remembrance ceremony for victims of Domestic Violence.

Also noticed that the video in the background of the studio has been changed over to a shot at night, no doubt to make it more realistic as we go into winter where it’s actually dark at 6pm. I’m still new to this forum so I’m sorry if this is a regular thing but it’s still interesting to note.

3 Likes

4 Likes

It hasn’t changed, the just scroll to later in the clip to reflect the changing daylight.

2 Likes

I still can’t believe how well the RQLD set scrubbed up with only a lick of paint and minor tweaks. Certainly much more visually appealing than the Brisbane set IMO.

5 Likes

Would be better with bigger screens (and vertical screens along the right hand side) but I agree it’s definitely nicer than the Brisbane set.

2 Likes

Agreed that it has scrubbed up nicely.

They just need to fix up that right side of the set as it looks like it hasn’t been touched up at all and noticeably sticks out.

I think they need to scroll it back a bit further than that even.
I had a flying trip to the Toowoomba region last weekend and it was completely dark by 6pm, as it would also be in the Sunshine Coast. Yet the background at 6pm on both bulletins is still showing a little daylight.

Rob in good form tonight

I now have terrible images in my head of Rob Brough doing weird things to me with that look on his face.

Please kill me. :rofl:

2 Likes

1 Like

That’ll be @Bort’s next profile pic

1 Like

From Toowoomba bulletin last night:

2 Likes

Team colours

2 Likes

That’s my @Sully react

Told you Rob Brough was the devil.

Live cross tonight for the Sunshine Coast Show preparations, bit of an awkward interview with someone who was obviously super excited to be on TV, but Katie handled it like a pro.

7 Rockhampton keeps cutting (badly) between Regional and Brisbane news? and then with random subtitles popping up. I’ll upload video in a bit. It has switched between Toowomba, Sunshine Coast, Rockhampton, Wide Bay and Brisbane about 60 times. Heaps of test cards as well.

5 Likes