Seven News (Regional Qld)

Yep, they are.

I only got home as the bulletin ended, but I saw the new supers being used.

1 Like

I posted in the Seven News thread - opener and weather unchanged - just the blue supers appear new.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/seven-news-content-and-appearance/103/1891?u=tv.cynic

1 Like

[quote=“NQCQTV2, post:95, topic:235”]
I only got home as the bulletin ended, but I saw the new supers being used.
[/quote] " If you missed any of our stories tonight, you can catch the replay tonight over on 7TWO from 6.30…" :wink:

Here’s a few caps from tonight’s Townsville bulletin with the new super graphics.

Note: The first sport story again featured the wrong city backdrop.
Also note the 7Olympics app promotion during sport.

3 Likes

Montage of 7 News Central Queensland from last night, features the new graphics. As per other bulletins opener/weather still the same.

There were six reports featured in the bulletin branded as ‘First on Seven,’ many of which weren’t covered by WIN on the same night. They are absolutely blitzing WIN when it comes reports only featured on 7, not surprising considering how understaffed the competition’s newsroom is. 7 has three general news reporters in Rockhampton, one in Gladstone and one sports reporter. Compare that to two general news and one sports reporter on WIN.

Seven having a Gladstone news room also opens potential for news stories from towns/regions (Biloela/Banana Shire etc) that wouldn’t normally be covered by crews from Rockhampton. I’ve always thought one of the local news networks having a newsroom or video journalist based in Emerald to cover the Central Highlands/Coalfields (total population of around 32,000) etc would be a good idea, but that comes down to cost.

5 Likes

7 News Central Queensland’s ‘watermark’ for an exclusive story tonight.

See WIN News’ version here.

5 Likes

It’s blocked by the IOC :frowning:

They blocked one of my videos too.

I notice that Seven LN on the Sunshine Coast has new images as part of the opener though of the same old style otherwise. Anyone elsewhere noticed this - started last Wednesday.

7 Local News Sunshine Coast new opener from Thu 11 August. Also shows the blue supers and red supers.

New images of region in new opener:

Old opener Wed 10 August

3 Likes

Still using the 2011-12 style graphics for the titlecard! :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Why change just the images? :confused:

Hope someone at Seven isn’t too upset it took a week for Media Spy to notice their work :grinning:

7 Likes

Maybe they don’t have the new modifed Eurostile/Square 721 font? I’d assume when they get the new set, (very long over due!) they’ll update the logo and make it more like the Gold Coast bulletin with the exception of the “Local News” branding.

Perhaps Maroochydore are waiting for the new set before fully retiring the “Seven Local News” brand and rolling out all elements of the new look? In the meantime though, they’re worse than NBN/Nine Northern NSW when it comes to local news branding IMO! :confused:

If Seven’s other Regional QLD bulletins are eventually branded as “Seven News (region)” like the Gold Coast bulletin currently is (complete with the titlecard being in the current look and reading “Seven News Sunshine Coast” or whatever the local region is), somehow I won’t be terribly surprised.

2 Likes

Why does it seem like he is having a seizure when he opens the buliten a weird ramble and a wink.

8 Likes

That honestly confused me too. Was he commenting on the music? Was it raining?

5 Likes

I think he opened with “as the rain tumbles down on the coast”.

2 Likes

But I don’t think he says coast; it sounds more like close.

Utterly baffling.

1 Like

I originally thought he said “clothes” as “on the line” in the rain :grinning: but surely not.

4 Likes

“As the rain tumbles down on the clothes good evening”?

What could possibly be so bad about WIN News that this would be the ratings winner. Paul Taylor can at least speak properly.

10 Likes