Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seven News Brisbane - trying to correct their falling numbers, going down the Nine News promo path

1 Like

Seven is losing their credibility in Brisbane by going down this path. :cry:
It’s not the way to regain ratings. If they want to do this bring back TodayTonight as a competitor to ACA.

2 Likes

Doesn’t stop Nine (particularly in Queensland) running stories more suited to ACA during their 6pm bulletin though.

3 Likes

Consistently shit?

Much like Nine, you had to wait until after sport for Seven’s heavily promoted “consumer investigation” that ended with “now is a good time to shop”.

In the end, it was stretch to call it “news”.

2 Likes

And in other "news’ seen tonight, not only is it a good time to buy white good and electronics, its a good time to sell your house.

1 Like

old cap. via: http://www.siteoffline.com/

14 Likes

The problem is there is no network news in Australia.

It’s basically Hyper local tabloid newsrooms putting out news for a national audience

So this is what you get.

Damn is that in FHD too? Looks crystal clear

1 Like

I believe this was seen throughout Seven News nationwide…

Sure is!

1 Like

You should’ve given credit to http://www.siteoffline.com/ for that one!

I believe so, but of course the ticker wasn’t native HD.

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t think they’d have FHD bulletins back then. What year would this have been? 2009?

1 Like

Spot the mistake

3 Likes

When Sam Armytage was a decent news presenter.

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, that cap is from 2007. Think that was the year Seven switched their HD channel from 576p to 1080i anyway…

2 Likes

Continuing on discussion of those caps here for a moment - just would like to discuss that “Breaking News” logo…
Looks like those boards we’ve recently been seeing across Seven - “Happening Now” and “All The Facts 6pm”.

What do you think of them? Bad move? Or a good look to their package choice?

That one.

It’s unnecessary and the gloss is too outdated for 2020.

6 Likes

Yep, those new “Breaking News” graphics are like something from ten years ago.

Not a particular fan of their “Happening Now” (total rip-off of “Always On” from Nine News in 2014) or “All The Facts” taglines either. I’d like to think that everything in a Seven News bulletin is factual, but there are valid reasons to question some content decisions and storytelling styles of certain reporters…

Was going to say the same.