Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

And is that the only negative you have about it?

Did I say that?

No, I’m just wondering, that’s all (your earlier response seemed a bit of a cliffhanger :stuck_out_tongue:). No need to critisise.

This 7News strap and transition look new for Brisbane?

Not particularly good with all that gloss and the colour scheme, gross.

The way they’re promoting the news is starting to sound like Nine News Queensland. Very sensationalist and the graphics match the sensationalism too.

1 Like

Don’t believe so, looks like some of the graphics we’ve been seeing for a while.

“Young victim” doesn’t really suit your description, but the captions after that, were presented in quite a sensationalist way.
I think this is transitioned towards a Nine sort of style now. Specifically this, had a look at their previous promotions of news and it didn’t seem so sensationalist until now.

I don’t mind the transition on that to be honest!

1 Like

Another super error on Melbourne 4pm today.

The word conviction was spelt incorrectly :roll_eyes:

1 Like

No - that’s one of the many varieties that have been in use!

No it’s been like that for a few weeks now.

2 Likes

Apologies, I don’t watch 7 News and must’ve skipped over your post.

1 Like

Have seen “breaking news” on a story that is not “breaking” at all on Seven’s Afternoon News Melbourne, and Jacqui labelling the stories as breaking even though they occurred hours ago. Disappointing but what do I expect from them now.

1 Like

Coughing fit, traffic report accidentlaly playing out, wrong cameras and no mic in just a matter of minutes on Melbourne’s arvo news.

Have just cut to an ad break.

3 Likes

Okay, I’ve made a poll: Which (State-based and Regional 7) Bulletin is the most polished and most consistent?

• Sydney
  • Melbourne
  • Brisbane
  • Regional Queensland
  • Perth
  • Adelaide

0 voters

If there was an option for “they’re all rather inconsistent” I’d probably vote for that!

3 Likes

The Latest

2 Likes

Relevant except for the Adelaide bulletin. Seven News Adelaide was and still the most polished and high quality bulletin out of all of them. The others have a lot to do to replicate that high standard.

2 Likes

Absoultely agree! Jane Doyle is the best 6pm weeknight anchor on Seven (Rick and Sue are just behind to me). Even TT before it was axed was a decent product, and not as tabloid as the East Coast version.

Usually go to Adelaide once a year to visit family so that’s how I can say this!

7 Likes

Any video of this? Looks like Sean Sowerby had to save the day because Jacqui had one of her infamous coughing fits.

Not quite. Jackie coughed and threw to the reporter. On return the traffic report was on. Then Jackie intro’ing Sean with Sean on screen unprepared and then all the other issues played out.

2 Likes