Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I’ve only seen that Breaking News graphic appear on their YouTube clips. Doesn’t appear to be part of the onair package.

1 Like

Bit disappointed with the story run down in Melbourne tonight. The US riots/ protesters were put into the third block?

What was leading the bulletin?

1st story on 7 news Melbourne tonight…

2nd story bars and clubs opening.

3rd story US rioting

1 Like

Goodness.

Look I know it’s sort of relevant as a regional story (in Victoria) but can’t that be placed as the third story instead? The second story seems alright to lead but the first one certainly isn’t (especially considering today’s developments). If this is the kind of stuff they lead with regularly then it’s most likely one of the reasons why they haven’t been able to gain any momentum.

2 Likes

I’m really not too sure what happened with the story run down in Melbourne. It doesn’t look good and most Melbourne viewers would notice this.

2 Likes

Over in Melbourne, I’ve frequently seen them get their priorities wrong. Seems to almost be a regular thing for them.

1 Like

Small blooper at 25:46 in Seven News Perth 30/05

and
Michael, where are you looking?

1 Like

Seven’s Morning News didn’t finish until 12:06pm AEST today. EPG was corrected. I presume due to extended coverage on the US riots?

3 Likes

Another afternoon of errors on Melbourne’s 4pm bulletin.

We started with new angles and about a minute on the US riots, then to a live cross on the new police chief comissioner, but a super that said ‘expert analysis on US riots’. And the wrong super stayed up for the entire story. Is nobody in house even watching the bulletin these days? It’s really starting to become embarassing

We’ve since had a bit of local news and then back to America every two minutes. It’s all over the shop.

7 Likes

And you can now imagine why Seven News is getting smashed by Nine News in Melbourne in the ratings these days.

4 Likes

Said it before… 7 News has really lost its way this year. They’re losing off camera staff all over the place and replacing them with inexperienced juniors. Amazing that there aren’t more mistakes.

6 Likes

The popularity of Hitch on Nine News should never be an excuse for the losses Seven News are enduring.

1 Like

In less than a year Seven News has gone from No. 1 back to No. 2 in Melbourne.

A query @TV.Cynic: what about the overall station shares, HSV I believed hadn’t lost to GTV since 2006 (Melb Comm Games), since regaining AFL rights in 2007. But with two months of no football and Nine’s shows slaying it (and 10’s), surely GTV must be leading HSV?

There are literally mistakes every bulletin I watch now. But I would appear petty if I posted about them every day.

2 Likes

GTV is almost 5 points clear of HSV. At this week last year Seven was 1.5 points clear in Melbourne.

6 Likes

Seven Morning News went over time this morning with extended coverage of the situation in the US at the start of the bulletin. Quite comprehensive comprehensive, and it was a good call to extend the bulletin for it.

2 Likes

Seven News Melbourne has now got to be the most poorly executed Seven News bulletin out of the 5 capital cities, no doubt. They’re in a mess and won’t fix it. From inexperienced staff to set stuff ups, bloopers, play school-like presenting, and even priorities gotten wrong, what else will they do?

4 Likes

Appreciate that, thank you Cynic. :slight_smile:

Only by 6min. In comparison Nine’s went half an hour over.