Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I think it is just because Michael Usher will be anchoring next week and the Mark Ferguson style ones will return in 2017.

Seven News crawler in Brisbane

4 Likes

Christmas Trees seen on the Sydney set returning from a break and during the Closer:

9 Likes

Seven News Melbourne from tonight, including the weather with Melina Sarris.

6 Likes

Saturday night

2 Likes

Includes short ident at end

6 Likes

^ the ident is for Seven’s coverage of Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road cycling race at the end of January. That means it should be shown on Melbourne TV soon given the event is in Victoria.

Wow, the TV Man still exists?

10 Likes

The Christmas tree finally appears in the Melbourne studios for tonight’s bulletin. And a pretty nice Merry Christmas endtag from Seven News at the end too.

2 Likes

Melbourne’s closer was the longest it has been since the introduction of the new theme tonight. Clocked in at 50 seconds, but the last 10 seconds or so was ruined by that novel, but unnecessary Merry Christmas message at the end.

1 Like

@JohnsonTV

2 Likes

I too hate it when people wish me “Merry Christmas”.

8 Likes

Did you actually see it? If you did, you would know I am talking about the theme being cut off to play some other music instead.

No I didn’t see it, but I can’t think of a reason why after 40 seconds already that 10 seconds more of a news theme would be preferable to a Christmas greeting.

1 Like

I fear a day when the answer is no.

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, a cap from the end of the Seven News version seen here in Sydney and probably all other capital cities tonight:

…and incase if you were wondering if the on-set Christmas tree made a return tonight, it did but only for the Opening Wideshot:

5 Likes

Brisbane ended with a wave :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Paul does that every night he presents and usually the male news anchor will wave back.

1 Like

Seven News Sydney:

Opener:

Closer:

7 Likes

7 Morning news just used the Sydney 6pm closer theme for its closer today.