Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Sometimes it is because the cost of a live uplink is cheaper at one time than another so they may pre record it to save money.

Other times it is because they sell up links in blocks so someone may have already booked the same block and they cant do it at the same time.

A lot of the time it’s just to make the bulletin appear more current. Optics not logistics.

1 Like

Bullshit. The ABC does it all the time. Next time you see a bulletin with the anchor talking to Chris Uhlmann in what seems like a live cross, go on iView and you’ll see the same thing repeated across all state and territory bulletins.

3 Likes

Here’s the start and end of an ABC equivalent I recorded a while back. They call it an ‘as live’: https://youtu.be/XZfoe-Eant4

Is that off one of the ABC Uplinks?

I don’t want to open the “correct way to write the date” can of worms again, just want to make the point that 7News Brisbane need to choose one format and keep with that. Their opener is formatted as “Friday 23rd September, 2016” while the desk on the set has “Friday 23 September 2016” (which I believe is correct btw).
But for consistency they need to stick with one…

2 Likes

I notIce on a report from 7 Brisbane tonight that the microphone had a blue and red 7 logo is this new
Rather then a black and red 7 logo

1 Like

This was Brisbane 6pm bulletin

It looks like the microphone used on 7 Local News - so maybe the interviews for the story were done on the Sunshine Coast?

Microphone on 7 Local News:

4 Likes

This is a bit of a pain if you happen to live in Beaudesert

6 Likes

If only it was Ayr near Townsville :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not on TV but back in July 7News made
"7News Presents Georgia Knoll the Photobomb Super Star"
a Buzzfeed type video

7 Likes

Old Seven Nightly News logo watermark seen in Perth tonight, with archive footage from 1996:

5 Likes

Jen was wearing that top again! I thought my TV had issues again…

10 Likes

Cue the Green Guide letters next week! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Recorded a few clips of Seven News Melbourne tonight, opener, sport closer etc.:

2 Likes

Wow, that’s terrible. :smile:

1 Like

Different strokes for different folks. Sometimes the noddy at the start helps the editors to make it seem more natural rather than a hard cut to the reporter talking. As for ‘back to you’ … well, it really irks me when Nine journos say ‘lets take a listen’ or ‘here’s what they had to say’ … if you can’t write a script that leads to the grab, don’t be a journo.

2 Likes

how is it deceptive if there is no LIVE wipe, LIVE tag or presenters introducing them without saying LIVE?

2 Likes

News is introduced as being live from the studios of Seven. Presenter proceeds to chat to a person - which is really a clip being replayed by a producer.

‘Proceeds to chat to a person’
As in a conversation? Or ‘XXX was at XXX today and filed this report?’

‘Replayed by a producer’
Actually the DA (or TA in automated studios) rolls the clips.