Seven News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Unfortunately not, I only got that cap.

Since Susannah went on hols a couple weeks back
The opening goes straight to Rick no full short of news desk then zoom in.
But on the weekend news with Anglea they show the full set then zoom in

2 Likes

Chris Reason presenting Friday night in Sydney again this week.

1 Like

I notice today a report from 7 brisbane the 7 logo on the microphone was blue with red logo is this new rather then the black with red 7 logo

What happen to 7 content and appearance forum???

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/seven-news-content-and-appearance/103/2381

I would be surprised if Michael Usher isn’t launched on Seven News next Saturday night.

After the AFL Grand Final, especially if the Sydney Swans win.

Couldn’t imagine a worse situation (i.e.) Angie Asimus :confused:

Exactly when in October Michael Usher starts at Seven News Sydney will most likely depend on exactly when his non-complete time at Nine ends and when his contract with Seven begins.

Knowing Seven News Sydney, I’d be willing to bet that they’ll most likely hit the “Mark Alert” button for next Saturday’s “AFL Grand Final night” bulletin regardless.

1 Like

If he is starting next month there can’t be a non-compete clause; it would just depend when his Nine contract ends.

6 Likes

Did Mark present last years AFL Grand Final day bulletin?

Yes, although knowing that the AFL Grand Final last year happened the day after the Parramatta Shooting it’s rather debatable whether Seven brought in Fergo to read the news because of one reason or the other. Personally I think a little bit of both.

2 Likes

Apologies for the double post, but Chris Reason is presenting tonight’s special 8pm half hour edition (which began five minutes late) of Seven News Sydney.

1 Like

Completely right. I think Emily should become the weekend weather presenter on 7 Melbourne. Maybe it will help lift the ratings by a bit.

1 Like

It’s quite hard to believe that it’s now been a full year since Sarah Cumming presented her last weather forecast on Seven News Sydney. Where has that time gone?!

Now that Sarah Cumming has a young family and with David Brown/Angie Asimus impressing throughout 2016, it’s kind of hard to imagine Sarah going back to Sydney weather on a full time basis. I agree that she’ll most likely be mainly a fill-in presenter for roles like Friday Morning/Afternoon News and Weekend Sunrise (maybe filling in on Sydney weather over Summer) upon returning from leave.

I think Sarah will replace Sally Bowrey’s current roles once Bowrey goes on maternity leave. If she wants more days, she will probably replace Ann Sanders on the Afternoon News. Seven News Sydney won’t replace David Brown when Wilson got a new gig and they hired McLaughlin (mainly because there was no female presenting team) because of David Brown’s appointment.

1 Like

You do realise that Ann Sanders has been tried and failed a number of times (on both weeknights and weekends, I might add) on Seven News Sydney before, don’t you?

That’s not to say that I think that Ann Sanders is a terrible presenter and I’m sure she’s a lovely lady too, but unfortunately Sydney hasn’t connected with her when she’s been the main face of Seven News in the past.

1 Like

Yeah, when Nine’s Brian Henderson was the lead presenter in Sydney, not even the duo of Ross Symonds and Ann Sanders could beat him. Still, I guess anyone would be better to present Sydney’s Seven News than Mark Ferguson. I think Seven should have the face of a Female Presenter in Sydney (like Georgie Gardner on Nine).

2 Likes

If she wants more days? The talent doesn’t decide how many days they want, they’re told unless they’re a big shot which Bowrey isn’t.

1 Like

For a start I was talking about Cumming wanting more days, not Bowrey. What I meant is if she/Seven need/want to accommodate for replacing her 5 day shifts during ML with David Brown, perhaps the Afternoon News is where she will go.[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:872, topic:149”]
I think they should make Ann Sanders Sydney’s newsreader
[/quote]

I love Ann but as you have noted, she doesn’t have the success for the 6pm News that Seven need.

Both Mark Ferguson and Ann Sanders don’t really shine on screen.

ATN Seven needs someone with a huge personality for marketing, yet can show tons of empathy and who can carry a serious issue where required.

Kylie Gillies.

1 Like