Seven Network 2020

When are 7’s Upfronts?

Wednesday 23 October 2019.

2 Likes

I’m expecting a reboot-athon at 7’s Upfronts.
They need a reboot but not with reboots! However I do think Big Brother has an audience and providing its done correctly (not like 9), it’ll rate well.

If they’re going to bring back the Midday Show, they should get rid of The Daily Edition.

Actually, it’s next Wednesday, 23rd October. This Wednesday (16th October) will be Nine’s Upfronts.

1 Like

Oops. Thanks.

1 Like

From The Daily Edition thread:

I was joking.

1 Like

No confirmation it’s 7 but…

2 Likes

Except for the 7 logo on the website lol

2 Likes

What a joke

2 Likes

Yeah. Hilarious. Coming soon to 7. :rofl:

Seven is doing everything that Nine was doing wrong 5-7 years ago. Rebooting shows from other networks. Spin-offs of shows from other networks. Rip-off of shows from other networks. No originality. No innovation.

10 Likes

To be fair - and ONLY playing devils advocate - it is arguable that Nine strategy has worked though isn’t it? They are doing so well this year in that reality timeslot.

While they were riding on the coat tails of franchises that were made popular on other channels, they were also able to slowly start to introduce in new concepts and shows which NOW are huge. MAFS is a great example.

I’m not saying it is the right strategy, but you FIRST need to have eyeballs on your channel before you can hope to launch any sort of new show - even if it is the beat show ever created in the world. Right now even the best show found have failure to launch on Seven because of the lack of people watching the channel in general.

2 Likes

Isn’t Nine’s success due to original programs like MAFS, Ninja Warriors and Lego Masters?

Rather than rebooting Big Brother? Or copycat shows like Familly Food Fight and Excess Baggage?

4 Likes

I’m fine with Big Brother being revived providing it’s not tooled to massive long episodes and overly family friendly. There is room in the market for it to be on TV. They need to have all of the companion shows that come with the format, as well as embrace full social media and streaming.

Farmer wants a wife just screams desperate in the sense that they feel they need their on MAFS. They should be looking to some new and original that isn’t bloody dating! Move on. You have tried 4+ shows in this genre and the audience just don’t want it!

1 Like

Sounds like you’re a Big Brother fan. I think there is no difference between those concepts being revived. Both stink of desperation and Seven will waste so much money on them and most likely just fall further behind.

I was of the Ten era yes. I’m skeptical about its revival as well. However as I said I feel there is room in the market for it in a world or dating and cooking. The only other thing similar to it is Love Island but they core of the original format of BB isn’t what Love Island is.
Farmer is a copy scenario because MAFS pulls big numbers plain and simple. They have gone for both because they are both established series which had core fan bases and have “worked” in comparison to the other 3 formats of dating they have tried and died.

1 Like

Yes, Love Island which is starting to struggle this year and will be ringing alarm bells for Seven.

But there is another. I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here is very much a Big Brother/Survivor mash up.

True. But neither of those two are formats that involve the general public. The viewer involvement with BB puts it into a whole other category IMO.

Anyway! Either way. It’s all a gamble reviving from the dead. Hopefully one of them at least survives and works for them. They need the $$ thats for sure

2 Likes

With the number of shows Seven are reportedly or actually rebooting next year, I’m kind of half expecting them at this point to announce the triumphant return of either Torvill & Dean’s Dancing on Ice or Yasmin’s Getting Married

And The Shire season 2. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like