The Daily Edition

As much as I’m not a fan of The Daily Edition either, there are two reasons why it’s still on the air…

1: It rates.
2: Advertorials.

1 Like

surprised it does enough of either to be sustainable. What would I know :stuck_out_tongue:

This. It’s only on as an excuse for advertorials.

2 Likes

I always expect someone to post to shows been canned in favour of another 7 News bulletin.

2 Likes

I thought this show got axed like 2 years ago.

The more you know!

1 Like

They’re waiting for the right moment to extend this show so they can axe The Midday Movie.

There will be outrage if they do that, and I’ll be joining them.

Do you actually watch those terrible telemovies in 4:3?

If I’m at home and just happen to turn to 7, there are some gems. Nothing wrong with 4:3 if that was how it was made. :slight_smile:

2pm is a perfect timeslot for an Australian court or tabloid talk program. I’ve always envisioned a Jerry Springer style program hosted by Naomi Robson. It’s about time we see some investment into daytime.

4 Likes

Most of the telemovies were but they often show other movies in 4:3 even when they weren’t made in that format. Not sure why.

I’m not sure the Midday movie is so widely held in any high regard but if it was to be dumped from Seven it would probably just be shifted to 7Two or 7flix.

maybe Seven had just purchased 4:3 versions way back when… and not put up the cash to buy updated widescreen versions more recently

1 Like

I actually don’t have an issue with the midday movies either. There are some really good ones that are shown and there a quite a few 16:9 ones among the 4:3 ones.

She presented this Friday, not sure about the rest of the week.

Yes Sally hosted the whole week.

1 Like

Sami Lukis hosting with Tom on Monday.
Ryan Phelan hosting with Sally on Friday.

Ryan Phelan hosting with Sally on Monday July 25.

Tom started his holidays last Friday.Ryan hosting while Tom is on holidays.

1 Like

Due to the Rio Olympics, The Daily Edition is now on hiatus and will return Monday August 22.

[quote=“Salty, post:46, topic:623”]
Tom started his holidays last Friday.Ryan hosting while Tom is on holidays.
[/quote] Tom has been reporting from Rio for Seven this week, so Ryan has hosted.

2 Likes

Due to the closing ceremony, TDE returns tomorrow Tuesday August 23rd.[quote=“nationalnews, post:47, topic:623”]
Tom has been reporting from Rio for Seven this week, so Ryan has hosted.
[/quote]

Tom will probably be in transit for some parts of this week.

Ryan Phelan hosting with Sally until Tom returns,Sally did mention Tom is on his way back from Rio.

1 Like

Yesterday’s ratings show this show gets more viewers than TDE deserves : [quote=“TV.Cynic, post:1, topic:1747”]
The Daily Edition 145,000
Nine News Now 128,000
[/quote]

1 Like