Seven Network 2020

Assuming the rumours are right, safe would be an understatement - it would just plainly be lazy thinking

1 Like

It’s almost as if Willoughby Council had a council clean up this month and Seven drove by and raided the pile of junk Nine left on curb. I’m half expecting Seven to announce reboots of Backyard Blitz and The Chopping Block as “new” programming at their 2020 Upfronts event.

5 Likes

has it been confirmed that MKR is returning?

David Knox has an article on tvtonight that got me thinking that My Restaurant Rules could be returning instead.

Filming for the 2020 season of MKR should be finishing soon.

1 Like

This screams younger demos to me.

Looks like a natural extension of TMS and TDS

5 Likes

This screams Seven intends to air advertorial-supported content from 9am - 3pm daily before long…

3 Likes

Yep Sevens got the midday movies on 7plus and could easily put them on 7two.

A midday show, if it doesn’t work, gets replaced by the movies

1 Like

If they want to create a Midday Show and have it come out of Martin Place, more than likely The Morning News would need to move to Melbourne.

It seems to be the trend now for TV broadcasting - Seven would have live content for 10 hours straight.

3 Likes

There’s no space for a studio audience in Martin Place. Shows that require a studio audience are usually done at Global Studios in Eveleigh.

1 Like

I think a midday “panel” show from 12pm to 2pm would work. It would be like Stuido 10.

4 people, Mostly female, just talking.

1 Like

Why not just watch the original and best Studio 10?

Cause it’s not on Seven. Obvious. :wink:

1 Like

Who said there will be a studio audience?

1 Like

Because they’re saying it’s a reboot of The Midday Show which did.

They also said it’ll be done on the cheap.

Let’s see.

1 Like

MRR is running a season in NZ with Colin hosting - different format to the show that ran here ~15 years ago, but it did make me wonder if it was the spin off Seven planned to air here in 2019 but decided to onsell it instead.

2 Likes

Or is it being tested in NZ before being unleashed on Australia next year?

3 Likes

Yeah, I had considered that too. Might be one to keep an eye on at upfronts.

1 Like