Seven AFL Coverage

First I thought it was a foxtel live game but it was shown in Perth live
Maybe it was a foxtel only game into SA
Being delayed by 165min I think it was a foxtel live only game into SA

1 Like

^ It should have been done in the other way, live into SA (because it was a Crows away game) and on delay into Perth (because it was a Dockers home game) and live into regional WA via GWN.

2 Likes

Previously this year away games have been delayed into perth 165min
So I’m thinking it must be away games that cop the 165min delayed telecast.This game was live on foxtel only in SA and delayed on FTA

Adelaide is the smallest metro market, ratings margin between shows is much of a muchness (except Seven News and Adelaide Crows AFL).

I highly doubt the AFL on 7mate in Adelaide will rate any less than the movie (30k-ish?), which going off recent weeks (Marvel movies rating massive for 7mate) won’t really make a difference. Hence if anything, being it’s still Adelaide Crows AFL, should actually be higher.

I mean 30k-ish for Adelaide Crows AFL would have to be an all time low :joy:

2 Likes

Seven have a ground level camera in the forward pocket Punt Rd end today (m57 for those failiar). Don’t usually see one there, few seats have been removed to accommodate it.

I think tonight’s Port Adelaide-Western Bulldogs clash is the first time Bruce McAvaney and James Brayshaw calling an AFL match together.

4 Likes

Not a bad combination in my opinion.

2 Likes

Basil and bt will be calling Swans v Eagles match tonight

I don’t mind Brayshaw calling Aussie Rules with guys like Bruce. Was pleasantly surprised by that combo. I’d rather more of that and less of BT and Ling.

3 Likes

Only danger is when BT started doing the odd game with Bruce, I also thought he’d improved. That didn’t last long.

I would prefer Seven stick to a regular line-up as they’ve always done. I want to hear Bruce McAvaney on Friday night, not Thursday just because he is a South Australian and an SA team playing.

Though that’s for Seven. With Ten (because they’d always done it) I did like the random teams each week, but Seven have never done or stuck to such a strategy, so don’t start now IMO.

That is a solid point. Boy oh boy wowee :neutral_face:

1 Like

Towards the end of Seven"s VFL coverage today they played a promo for tonight’s AFL match, Hawthorn v Adelaide at 5pm on 7Mate. Oops!

2 Likes

for WA viewers awesome

Do you get the VFL match over there?

I think they normally get the WAFL over there on Saturday arvos (as SA normally also gets SANFL)?

I was talking about afl at 5 pm on mate in perth

2 Likes

Well yeah, so we shouldn’t have seen that on HSV, as part of a HSV Prime vic only broadcast.

Do you ever watch it on 7Plus if the recording misses a bit?

1 Like

Basil and BT calling tonight’s match at Perth Stadium.

1 Like