Seven AFL Coverage

Strange Darcy is doing special comments tonight

2 Likes

Darcy on special comments and Peter Bell on the boundary. No Richo and Ling is somewhat refreshing.

Luke Darcy should stay doing special comments instead being a main commentator.

1 Like

Totally agree

3 Likes

No mention of the doyen that is Bruce Mcavaney and his birthday the other day?

2 Likes

I’m sure I’ve read this wrong, but they mentioned it and said HB multiple times and on different shows, even showing Bruce’s portrait at Seven Sport in BCM.

good! no mention here though which was a little disappointing - I thought you’d have mentioned such an auspicious occasion Luke

2 Likes

Speaking of auspicious occasions, today’s match from UTAS Stadium was probably the last time the Southern Cross Television logo will be seen in the stadium advertising with the next game likely to have either 7Tasmania or 7 News Tasmania advertising.

#RIPSouthernCross #PutYourStarsOut #WhyTheHeckUTASStadium #HawkPark #StillBetterThanBellerive

4 Likes

I did

where? must have missed it

Bruce is just so irritating to listen to.

Seems to me BT has called more misses after the siren than goals after the siren.

1 Like

James Brayshaw hosting The Kick tonight with Luke Darcy having the night off coinciding with the radio survey break. Comedian Adam Rozenbach makes his first appearance on the show.

1 Like

7 will hire Quartermain from 10 when he returns from his 3 weeks break.

3 Likes

He has got 6 months left on his contract. Are you certain for sure?

Basil & jB calling the game in Spotless Stadium

To do what?

1 Like

Heard him calling on AFL Nation today, so still in Australia. Jen said she thought he was taking the family overseas.

Bruce McAvaney did a one-on-one interview with Hawthorn premiership player Cyril Rioli this afternoon, just hours after Rioli announced his immediate retirement after 189 AFL games. The full interview will be shown on Saturday night before the Western Bulldogs-Hawthorn clash.
I reckon Cyril asked to speak to Bruce because of the latter’s commentary. Bruce often described Cyril’s skills as “delicious” :joy:

4 Likes

I think tonight’s AFL and all games over coming days and next weekend will have shorter (by 30min or so) post games, due to Wimbledon.

Which ties in perfectly for start of Nick Kyrgios’ match and still in prime time for late night share.

EPG specifically says “10:32pm” switchover 7Two > 7 here.

Updated

I was wrong, post game going beyond EPG advisory.