Seven AFL Coverage

There’s a lot of restrictions as to where and how high drones can be flown which is probably why most sports broadcasts use a helicopter still.

That said the drone shots from Alice Springs looked great.

2 Likes

Was otherwise occupied today so I didn’t see it but I’m sure I heard during the week that Alice Springs Mayor Damien Ryan was calling the Redtails/Storm game. Is he the Damien?

1 Like

Damien Ryan was calling with Charlie King.

1 Like

Just google imaged him, yep that’s him.

Lawrence Mooney has apologised to Sam Lane for his sexually charged joke on The Kick last Saturday night.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/footy-show-apology-after-live-cox-gag-overstepped-the-mark/news-story/0b2befc94245e15d77b08d28613e1b40

1 Like

Basil is doing Friday night footy this week

1 Like

Basil is calling the game with Brian Taylor. However Bruce McAvaney flew to Sydney earlier this week and spoke to Adam Goodes, Michael O’Loughlin and Lance Franklin in the middle of the SCG. The interview was shown at the start of the main broadcast.

1 Like

Telstra Friday Night countdown - Port Adelaide v Richmond

I find it very odd that Sunday’s match between Fremantle and Adelaide, produced by Fox Footy, will be simulcast live on Seven against the gate in Perth (2.30pm AWST) but on delay in Adelaide (6.50pm ACST). Worse, the match will be shown in Adelaide on 7mate and not in HD. Two days ago, the Crows’ home game against GWS was in the same twilight timeslot and simulcast live on the main channel in Adelaide, so I don’t understand why the twilight game can’t be shown live two weeks in a row.

Surely it’s not that hard to understand.
This game is a Foxtel window game (165 min delay).

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by “Foxtel window game”?

The reason is Foxtel have exclusive live rights to a few games a season (not sure exact number) in Adelaide and Perth markets. These games are shown on delay.

You have just answered it.

6 (3 each team)in total in Perth and Adelaide

Though you’d think that the 3 games that Seven are obliged to show on delay are home games against (obviously) lower ranked teams.

Not sure though whether the decision as to such which games they are is solely Seven’s though?

1 Like

Last night, when I watched the Port Adelaide v Richmond match, I noticed that the Fremantle v Adelaide Crows match will be beamed live at 2:30PM on Seven in WA. However, for South Australian viewers, the match will be televised at 6:50PM on delay on 7Mate. This was due to Seven news and House Rules taking precedence on the primary channel.

^ This anomaly was discussed a few posts earlier during this week.

Meanwhile, Seven West Media CEO Tim Worner wants to see more goals scored and players to play with more freedom, quoting legendary NFL coach Vince Lombardi: "Get out of the way and let the players play’’.

Seven has tweaked player graphics by adding jumper number next to the player’s first name. Long overdue.

5 Likes

So more ads can be shown.

7 Likes

How disappointing for Adelaide footy fans, having today’s FREM vs. ADEL game delayed and on 7mate :pensive: Was a cracking game too!

But I guess for Seven, has the potential to bump up 7mate’s share tonight.

I’m guessing the delayed game will not rate very well because

1. it will be up against prime time shows like "The Voice’.
  2. Some fans will have seen it on FOX
  3. People will have heard the score.
  4. The Crows lost.
2 Likes

But also many Adelaide viewers will be watching House Rules & Masterchef.
I know that Fremantle have played well beating the Crows by 3 points in a nailbiter.