Seven (Southern Cross)

The Live & Free | 7mate Logo in one Line is quite old to me.

Back to normal now. Also caught this which I haven’t seen before…

1 Like

Dirty feed bug on 7mate Tas:

And 7Two graphics:

5 Likes

Who reads the Northern Territory Noodle Updates?

After Talking Footy:

2 Likes

Talking Footy 30min shorter tonight? Perhaps due to bye/split round.

My recording’s going to be stuffed then, also never finishes right on time.

Thanks to all who confirmed this. So it’s only the Remote & Central licence area that isn’t timeshifted for each state, but this is understandable - and they seem to run on the time zone where most of their viewers are.

I seem to remember that Seven Darwin, when it first launched, was in Brisbane time/AEST? Was it a rebroadcast of BTQ back then, as it used to carry Brisbane news broadcasts?

It was a sales group similar to Great Eastland Television. All the regional stations south of Darwin were part of it.

GTS/BKN. Sturrock family used it more than others as in on air whereas others left it to sales only.

Yes.

1 Like

The dirty feed on the main channel has begun, a 7 watermark on The Chase in Tasmania and pop ups for all the stories on 7 News Melbourne at 6 tonight… which I’m hoping we won’t be getting!

EDIT: Just returned from the ad break where apparently “Refugee protesters disrupted State Parliament… more details at Six” - Which state parliament?

2 Likes

I wonder if it would be easy for SCA to overlay their own news pop-ups on the dirty feed to cover the Melbourne pop-ups, if the dirty feed is what they decide to go with.

I’d hope so because it’ll get annoying if they don’t do something about that. At least when they appear on TDT9 then they show that news.

I’ve also noticed a split second of other ads appearing at times before returning to programming again. Will be interesting to see whether it’s part time (like the ads with 7 branding) or full time from tonight.

Evidence is there that it’s impossible for affiliates to predict timings of on-screen graphics. Perhaps they should consider using a clean feed for just The Chase to avoid the majority of them?

1 Like

Before leaving Tasmania, I got a few caps of the dirty feed on main channel. It looks like it is true HD rather than an up convert. Also there is no HD addon bug:

8 Likes

Looks like we have HD finally looks pretty sharp to me on air too :slight_smile:

Although it’s a pity this has come at the expense of watermark-free content, it’s good that Southern Cross Tasmania is Southern Cross Tasmania is now showing Seven Network programming in native HD on LCN-60! :slight_smile:

Still a lot of Southern Cross branded show promos but more seven ones popping through in what also looks like HD for some of the seven ones.

1 Like

I think we are defintely on the HD feed now. Lots of SC logo show promos still during ad breaks but I suspect this will reduce dramatically over the coming days.

The HD is looking very good. Finally can access Seven HD content in Tas. Great stuff!

6 Likes

Do they have 7flix yet? That would be a worse part of a dirty feed I’d think, if they are running promos for a channel they don’t have.

No 7flix, yeah that will be interesting if they promo that on the dirty feed!

Wondering what will happen to SBN if 7flix comes. That might move to the Nine mux.