Seven AFL Coverage

Great for FTA, 4 games in Melb!

Andy Maher from The Front Bar said a Big Happy Birthday to Bruce McAvaney. What a wonderful milestone for him!

1 Like

Last time this H&A season. Reverts back to Fri/Sat/Sun for Vic/Tas viewers, only 3 matches to be shown on FTA in round 23 too.

1 Like

Yep, turns out we still need him when he’s 64!

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been mentioned, but The Front Bar will move to 8.30pm Thursday’s from next week

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/the-front-bar-to-go-headtohead-with-the-footy-show/news-story/db11db44e88b404af3240e1ed822d0de

1 Like

It isn’t the first time - it was at 9pm a few weeks ago.

This is only for Melbourne though - it’s at 10.30pm in Adelaide and Perth.

1 Like

With all the negativity and low ratings regarding The Footy Show now, wonder if The Front Bar will do well?

It was fantastic last night!

Post-game stuff, two guests (former veteran umpire & VFL Essendon champ), humourous segments/gags, cross to a commentator for analysis at whatever ground the game came from and most of all… It’s live :grinning:

3 Likes

Brian Taylor is a hot topic today, after he was “denied access” for his regular post-game interviews.

ARTICLE:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/brian-taylor-filthy-as-sydney-prevents-him-from-wandering-rooms-after-essendon-win/news-story/61e2e055f916cbb24c64785a12769c55

On a personal level, I found his commentary way over the top (more so than usual), last night, Bruce McAvaney must’ve been shaking his head.

In what was an astonishing game to witness, with massive ratings.

2 Likes

Replay of the Sydney v Essendon match. Taken via The Kick on Freeview app.

2 Likes

BT’s is the best.

3 Likes

How is that great for free to air?

because its 4 games, like how it was in the 2012-2016 AFL deal.

1 Like

Tonight’s telecast finished at 11:33pm AEST.

On par with a Friday night game :open_mouth:

Latest finish I can remember for some time for a Saturday night, due to WA time zone (first bounce wasn’t until 7:40pm AEST).

1 Like

Why is this notable?

1 Like

I wondered what relevance that had tp Melbourne rather than 4 games.

Cracking game, they did 3 interviews in the rooms with Oliver, Gawn and Bugg and Footy Central or whatever it’s called now was longer than the last few weeks with more games on this round.

On a side note, Peter Bell brings some class and knowledge to any Seven broadcast.

1 Like

Seven showed Richmond singing the song after today’s Sunday afternoon game. That has to be a first for games in the 3.20pm timeslot.

2 Likes

Properly because the game finished on time for once :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Yep, usually if the match finishes at or before 5.50pm AEST Seven will show the team song before the news.

1 Like

I don’t see why the Sunday game can’t start at 3.10pm instead.

1 Like