SEN (Company) (formerly Crocmedia)

I think that’s a good call… I would guess 6SW would be something like:

• local brekky
  • automated classic hits
  • whateley (best bits/delayed)
  • automated classic hits
  • overnighters (SEN simulcast)
    PLUS all AFL matches / live sports events

Arguably, 3MP should have a similar format!

4 Likes

Who are we kidding.

It’ll be local brekky 6-9am followed by SEN 1116.

2 Likes

Anyone heard anymore about what’s going on with the trading halt at Croc?

Apparently less contributors on radio shows working full time stuff harder. Not sure if that’s true or not.

2 Likes

And their purchase of 621 AM Bunbury?

1 Like
1 Like

1053 brisbane is still broadcasting vision

Any idea if BOG stations are only doing a 1hr Sportsday show? This article says Gosford is only taking 1hr of it.

Nine Radio has dropped its syndication deal with Crocmedia, reports Radioinfo:
https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/nine-radio-cancels-syndication-deal-crocmedia

Will this mean the end of Sportsday which has three editions (Victoria/Tasmania, SA and WA) and air in metro stations 3AW, FiveAA and 6PR respectively?

However Malone noted Crocmedia will continue to be a partner in the supply of sports rights and it will continue to produce the Sportsday radio program for Nine Radio’s 3AW hosted by Gerard Healy .

3 Likes

No, instead it appears to be the end of a more commercial in confidence arrangement that the two companies had. Programming appears to remain unchanged.

1 Like

Simon Hill, who quit Fox Sports after 14 years when his contract expired on June 30, has been signed up by Crocmedia to commentate this season’s A-League finals for its Football Nation coverage. He will also feature weekly on Dwayne’s World on SEN on Tuesdays for six weeks, starting today.

5 Likes

This was in The Sunday Age last weekend.

That was an invented argument, and it’s good that it was it was knocked back.

2 Likes

Almost as if the argument had more to do with their Football Nation call which launched after the FNR online station did

3 Likes

Monday 24th of August, Spirit 621 Southwest relaunches as SENSpirit 621.

According to the SEN website they say “Listeners can expect all the music they know and love, with a fresh injection of Australia’s other favourite past time – sport!”

6 Likes

Interesting.

One wonders if something like this will be the plan for 2CH here in Sydney (at least temporarily): A hybrid format of music and sport before they’re able to go all sport on 1170AM.

2 Likes

SENSpirit? I’m sure it won’t take long for the “Spirit” to be dropped from the name.

I’m sure they’re just filling it with music to save money on sport programming.

Either that or it is a testing ground to see how the locals like sport or not.

1 Like

If the music was to be similar to SBS Chill or Budda I’d be calling the station: ‘ZEN Spirit’.
:laughing:

3 Likes