SEN (Company) (formerly Crocmedia)

Double posting I know, but: Crocmedia have registered trademarks for 6SW (link) and 6 South West (link)

5 Likes

That almost implies they are going to run a separate radio station with its own identity otherwise all you would need to do is the change the callsign with ACMA to 6SW and broadcast as 621 SEN.

1 Like

Do they need to change the callsign though? 4AA is the callsign for 4MK Mackay.

I would have thought that getting operations in Sydney, Brisbane, Perth and Hobart going would have been more of a priority for Pacific Star.

1 Like

True enough they don’t need to change the 6EL call sign. I just don’t get why you would spend money to register 6SW, when the call sign option would be cheaper. I must admit I find it hard to imagine, any competing desire by others to use the name, especially when SCA want everything (except 2Day and FOX) labelled Hit and Triple M .

My suspicion is that the purchase price was $1 and Hutchy took the deal and knows he can’t run it as SEN, due to the market size. I can’t see any economies of scale, unless he somehow reverses gear on SEN 1377, but that would involve admitting he was wrong (unlikely) and taking on the relaunched Magic1278. So I look forward to the Pacific Star Network financials to reveal all…

2 Likes

insidethegames, which is usually correct with Olympic stories, writes:

I think that’s a good call… I would guess 6SW would be something like:

• local brekky
  • automated classic hits
  • whateley (best bits/delayed)
  • automated classic hits
  • overnighters (SEN simulcast)
    PLUS all AFL matches / live sports events

Arguably, 3MP should have a similar format!

4 Likes

Who are we kidding.

It’ll be local brekky 6-9am followed by SEN 1116.

2 Likes

Anyone heard anymore about what’s going on with the trading halt at Croc?

Apparently less contributors on radio shows working full time stuff harder. Not sure if that’s true or not.

2 Likes

And their purchase of 621 AM Bunbury?

1 Like
1 Like

1053 brisbane is still broadcasting vision

Any idea if BOG stations are only doing a 1hr Sportsday show? This article says Gosford is only taking 1hr of it.

Nine Radio has dropped its syndication deal with Crocmedia, reports Radioinfo:
https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/nine-radio-cancels-syndication-deal-crocmedia

Will this mean the end of Sportsday which has three editions (Victoria/Tasmania, SA and WA) and air in metro stations 3AW, FiveAA and 6PR respectively?

However Malone noted Crocmedia will continue to be a partner in the supply of sports rights and it will continue to produce the Sportsday radio program for Nine Radio’s 3AW hosted by Gerard Healy .

3 Likes

No, instead it appears to be the end of a more commercial in confidence arrangement that the two companies had. Programming appears to remain unchanged.

1 Like

Simon Hill, who quit Fox Sports after 14 years when his contract expired on June 30, has been signed up by Crocmedia to commentate this season’s A-League finals for its Football Nation coverage. He will also feature weekly on Dwayne’s World on SEN on Tuesdays for six weeks, starting today.

5 Likes

This was in The Sunday Age last weekend.

That was an invented argument, and it’s good that it was it was knocked back.

2 Likes