Rugby World Cup 2019

Ratings for last night’s Japan v Russia was posted on Twitter this morning. Very low due to heavy competition from AFL and NRL finals, but also because of lack of promotion during 10’s primetime shows.
And for those who want to see the opening ceremony, it’s now up on YouTube and Fox Sports website. It includes the rendition of The World in Union by hundreds of children divided into 20 groups (representing the 20 competing teams) around a giant model of Mount Fuji.

3 Likes

Not a bad set from 10, don’t think they’ve used that before? Trying to work out where that is, some elements look to be from other Melbourne sets, so Como? Would make sense if it’s Pyrmont though.

1 Like

I think 10 used that set for its Formula One coverage.

1 Like

Yes, i have seen the ratings numbers for the game last night on twitter - for both 10 Bold and Fox Sports.

Very low numbers, but understandable as it was against the AFL and NRL Finals (and lack of promotion from 10).

Would be interesting to see the ratings for the Wallabies match that is held this afternoon on the main channel of 10. But part of the game is also against the AFL. So sadly, i aint expecting many viewers either.

1 Like

10’s Coverage is very underrated, if they had more games, especially in key primetime slots on a Saturday than the network wouldn’t struggle as much as they do on Saturday night

2 Likes

Isn’t that the other studio in Melbourne?

1 Like

Some HD caps

4 Likes

Does anyone have the WIN Feed?

1 Like

I guess Spark Sport wasn’t working well as the game is now live on TVNZ Duke.

Tweet from Spark Sport.

3 Likes

That set up is coming out if Melbourne yes? It looks like the news studios.

Optus was Floptus. What’s the Spark equivalent?

1 Like

Yes, but it’s not the news studio but the other one in the Como building 10 are in.

Parts of the set seems to be from 10’s various sport coverage, the main part behind the hosts looks to be from F1GP coverage and possibly BBL?

The desk looks to be the old one from This Week Live, which Studio 10 usually uses when they are in Melbourne - but it looks to have been made shorter and the wood paneling taken off the front and replaced.

1 Like

The graphics produced by the host broadcaster are pretty impressive imo.

4 Likes

Right, so this is the old news studio. Someone said that this had been decommissioned and was being used as an audience holding area. It must be back up and running.

So ATV10 have 3 studios

• The Project Studio
  • Sports Studio
  • 10 News First Studio
2 Likes

The ratings numbers for the Australia Fiji match are out there (on twitter). Numbers are higher than Friday’s opener. As a combined FTA/Fox number, its on okay number. For an FTA number, it could have done better.

1 Like

New Zealand rugby fans are getting a taste of what Australian soccer fans went through last year with Optus FIFA World Cup streaming debacle:

2 Likes

Ten presented a good package yesterday with their own graphics matching those of the host broadcaster where as fox overlay their own rugby graphics and looks messy and uneven.

Good that ten hosted from the venue for the Australian game. What did fox do? Were they in the studio and is Greg Clark calling from the stadium or a tv in Sydney?

2 Likes

It is fantastic for television to see online avenues not able to provide reliable sports broadcasts, great news for the industry!

1 Like

Next Sunday, 10’s coverage of Australia v Wales will start at 4.45pm AEST. Why does it need a one hour preview given the match doesn’t kick off until 5.45pm AEST?

I believe that Wales ranking is much higher than Australia. They have a good rivalry between the two sides. Last time they met in the RWC 2011, was the 3rd Playoff match where Australia beat Wales 21-18 in Wellington. Wales is strong with Rugby Union.