Rosehaven

I hope it goes on for a couple more years.

Good news, the show will be returning for S4.

Screenshot_20191107-162618~2

Season 4 of Rosehaven begins on ABC in early July.

Season 4

From Wednesday 8 July at 9:00pm

Now that we’re emerging from lockdown, two of Australia’s favourite friends are coming to visit. In July, Celia Pacquola and Luke McGregor return to the ABC with a new season of the smash hit comedy Rosehaven. The multi-award-winning comedy returns for a fourth season on Wednesday 8 July at 9pm on ABC & ABC iview.

Three seasons ago, urban castaway Emma (Pacquola) started a new life in Tasmania, with her best friend Daniel (McGregor) and his real estate agent mum, Barbara (Kris McQuade).

Eight brand-new Rosehaven episodes will take viewers inside the high stakes world of the regional property biz, with drama and intrigue that includes the arrival of competition for Mccallum Real Estate. And if that wasn’t enough excitement, Emma gets a bunny.

“I am thrilled Rosehaven season four is coming out!” says Celia Pacquola. “Season four! Can you believe it? Luke and I have aged terribly, but this is our stupidest season yet and I can’t wait for people to see it.”

If you want proof that season four is better in every way than its predecessors, Luke McGregor is happy to provide it.

“Whilst filming season three of Rosehaven, a pig sneezed in my mouth,” he says. “That didn’t happen once filming season four and I have only happy memories of it.”

Shot entirely on location in Tasmania, Rosehaven is the feel-good antidote we all need in 2020, a screwball buddy comedy featuring two real life best friends who just happen to be two of our funniest comedians.

Also returning for season four are Sam Cotton (Diary of an Uber Driver) as town bully Bruce, Noela Foxcroft as octogenarian receptionist Mrs Marsh, Katie Robertson (Five Bedrooms) as Grace, the town GP and Daniel’s ex, Kim Knuckey as Sergeant Greg, David Quirk (Please Like Me) as locksmith and hoarder Damien, legendary comic Anthony Morgan as town crank Phil, Mick Davies as Maddrick and Susie Youssef (The Project) as op shop owner Gez.

1 Like

Final episode of season 4 tonight.

Screenshot_20200826-102632~2

Oh I really hope that ABC renew it for Season 5 - it really is such a little gem of a series. In love with it.

1 Like

I hope so too. There is talk that they want to film the next season over summer so hopefully it goes ahead.

Good news it will return for season 5.

2 Likes

Best news!!! Can’t wait for Season 5.

2 Likes

Celia said on the season premiere of Have You Been Paying Attention? tonight that filming had wrapped on season 5 of Rosehaven. She said she and Luke spent three months in Tasmania.

UPDATE 28/6: Celia said on HYBPA tonight that editing on season 5 had finished and it would be shown on the ABC later this year.

The 5th & final season premieres on Wednesday 4th August at 9pm.

3 Likes

:weary: did we know that this was the final season and I missed that or is this a fresh announcement?

Can’t wait to have it back, one of my absolute fave Aussie shows.

We need more shows like this, funny without trying hard. Will be sad to see it end.

Rosehaven - Season 5

From Wednesday 4 August 9.00pm

Rosehaven welcomes you to the green rolling hills of Tasmania for one final glimpse of the small town we’ve all come to know and love. In its fifth and final series, across eight half hour episodes, Rosehaven takes viewers back to the quirky town, complete with all the residents close to our heart, but leaves you with one incredible send off.

It’s back to work at McCallum Real Estate, and in the Monday meeting Barbara wants everyone to think of ways to attract new clients. Daniel suggests he should get a new car as his current one is old and not very impressive, which Barbara surprisingly agrees to. Moving along with the agenda, Barbara tells Emma and Daniel that she wants to replace Damien as the go-to handyman, because he hasn’t done any of the jobs she’s referred to him this week. Emma knows this is out of character for Damien, and convinces Barbara to let her have a crack at fixing the situation first.

When Emma tracks down Damien she discovers he’s the newest member at Olive’s Neighbourhood Watch centre, and is being kept busy with a long list of jobs there. Emma thinks Olive is taking advantage of Damien by getting him to work for free, but Damien is a man of his word - he is adamant he wants to be a good Neighbourhood Watch member and finish all the jobs on the list. When Emma can’t get Damien to see sense she sends in Barbara, who goes head-to-head with Olive. Then Barbara comes up with a creative solution that keeps everyone happy.

Production credits: A What Horse? / Guesswork Television production presented by Screen Tasmania and the ABC. Created and written by Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola. Director and Associate Producer, Jonathan Brough. Co-Producer Fiona McConaghy. Produced by Andrew Walker, Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola. Executive Producer Kevin Whyte. ABC Executive Producers Todd Abbott and Brett Sleigh.

1 Like

Sad to see this great show end. :frowning:

Luke and Celia were on News Breakfast today to discuss the final season of Rosehaven.

1 Like

Rosehaven - series final

The final ever episode will air Wednesday 22 September 9.00pm

Synopsis:

Barbara has an interesting take on retirement - she’s decided to retrain, but she needs Daniel and Emma’s help.

The task creates a lot of confusion amongst the town folk. After shopping for some new attire in the op shop local blabbermouth, Gez, creates some real gossip.

Daniel and Emma need to recruit some other town folk to help and make the non-traditional choice of asking both of their ex’s to be involved. Damien and Grace both agree so they all come up with elaborate back stories (well, not so much Damien) and begin to get ready for the big day.

On the morning of the event Daniel gets cold feet. He realises he still has feelings for Grace. The confusion rubs off on Emma and when it looks like the day is falling apart, Barbara offers some pearls of wisdom.

Farewell from Rosehaven

Ok, so there have been some exaggerations about things in this series but this one I feel is just wrong. They have a whole fear of swooping magpies tonight - but Tasmanian magpies don’t swoop. We never have to worry about them. Plovers on the other hand are evil and will swoop you at any time over the next few months and choose to make their nest in the driveway or right near where people are going to be to make it even harder.

Tasmanian magpies don’t swoop, but no-one knows why - ABC News

I feel that this is one major error which should lead to the show being pulled from air early. It’s deceptive and misleading conduct.

EDIT: Right - major error number 2. NOBODY calls it a parma… Parmi all the way. How did this get past the writers?

I am going to miss this show though. :frowning: