Rosehaven

:weary: did we know that this was the final season and I missed that or is this a fresh announcement?

Can’t wait to have it back, one of my absolute fave Aussie shows.

We need more shows like this, funny without trying hard. Will be sad to see it end.

Rosehaven - Season 5

From Wednesday 4 August 9.00pm

Rosehaven welcomes you to the green rolling hills of Tasmania for one final glimpse of the small town we’ve all come to know and love. In its fifth and final series, across eight half hour episodes, Rosehaven takes viewers back to the quirky town, complete with all the residents close to our heart, but leaves you with one incredible send off.

It’s back to work at McCallum Real Estate, and in the Monday meeting Barbara wants everyone to think of ways to attract new clients. Daniel suggests he should get a new car as his current one is old and not very impressive, which Barbara surprisingly agrees to. Moving along with the agenda, Barbara tells Emma and Daniel that she wants to replace Damien as the go-to handyman, because he hasn’t done any of the jobs she’s referred to him this week. Emma knows this is out of character for Damien, and convinces Barbara to let her have a crack at fixing the situation first.

When Emma tracks down Damien she discovers he’s the newest member at Olive’s Neighbourhood Watch centre, and is being kept busy with a long list of jobs there. Emma thinks Olive is taking advantage of Damien by getting him to work for free, but Damien is a man of his word - he is adamant he wants to be a good Neighbourhood Watch member and finish all the jobs on the list. When Emma can’t get Damien to see sense she sends in Barbara, who goes head-to-head with Olive. Then Barbara comes up with a creative solution that keeps everyone happy.

Production credits: A What Horse? / Guesswork Television production presented by Screen Tasmania and the ABC. Created and written by Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola. Director and Associate Producer, Jonathan Brough. Co-Producer Fiona McConaghy. Produced by Andrew Walker, Luke McGregor and Celia Pacquola. Executive Producer Kevin Whyte. ABC Executive Producers Todd Abbott and Brett Sleigh.

1 Like

Sad to see this great show end. :frowning:

Luke and Celia were on News Breakfast today to discuss the final season of Rosehaven.

1 Like

Rosehaven - series final

The final ever episode will air Wednesday 22 September 9.00pm

Synopsis:

Barbara has an interesting take on retirement - she’s decided to retrain, but she needs Daniel and Emma’s help.

The task creates a lot of confusion amongst the town folk. After shopping for some new attire in the op shop local blabbermouth, Gez, creates some real gossip.

Daniel and Emma need to recruit some other town folk to help and make the non-traditional choice of asking both of their ex’s to be involved. Damien and Grace both agree so they all come up with elaborate back stories (well, not so much Damien) and begin to get ready for the big day.

On the morning of the event Daniel gets cold feet. He realises he still has feelings for Grace. The confusion rubs off on Emma and when it looks like the day is falling apart, Barbara offers some pearls of wisdom.

Farewell from Rosehaven

Ok, so there have been some exaggerations about things in this series but this one I feel is just wrong. They have a whole fear of swooping magpies tonight - but Tasmanian magpies don’t swoop. We never have to worry about them. Plovers on the other hand are evil and will swoop you at any time over the next few months and choose to make their nest in the driveway or right near where people are going to be to make it even harder.

Tasmanian magpies don’t swoop, but no-one knows why - ABC News

I feel that this is one major error which should lead to the show being pulled from air early. It’s deceptive and misleading conduct.

EDIT: Right - major error number 2. NOBODY calls it a parma… Parmi all the way. How did this get past the writers?

I am going to miss this show though. :frowning:

:rofl: In that case, every reality show should immediatelybe taken off the air.

1 Like

Final episode tonight

1 Like

Definitely sad that this show has finished, wasn’t sure about it at first but then definitely became a show I could watch and just chill with. I loved the quirky nature, the clever dialogue and just the general absurdity but managing to link things in and of course being a Tassie based show and a few Tassieisms (couldn’t hack it on the mainland etc…) it was a great series.

I have just watched 4 seasons in 4 days. This show is an absolute gem. I cannot believe I haven’t watched this until now. Any other similar recommendations would be welcome.

1 Like

Don’t forget season 5 which finished a few weeks ago. Still on iView.

1 Like

I am onto that now! I have just watched the episode with Pamela Rabe.

2 Likes

That was a very good one. Great casting.

1 Like

Man that was a funny episode.

Rosehaven is all the way up there in being one of my favourite Aussie shows of all time. Just brilliant stuff all round.

2 Likes

Have you watched Utopia?

Yes i have watched Utopia. But not all the episodes from the most recent series.

Definitely missing Rosehaven, I think the word quirky fits perfectly for this show, hard to describe. The characters throughout the series and the way they managed to weave different storylines and dialogue throughout the show was fantastic. I wish that it could have gone on for much longer.

I have now finished season 5. Was such an easy show to binge.