Random Mocks

Intentionally stayed well away from using blue in this design, following the negative feedback from members here saying there are too many news services in Australia using blue as a primary colour.

2 Likes

Good point, there is too much blue within Australia’s News Services, the Globe Design is very unique to what we usually see. :+1:

Rough, simple logo to keep the Fairfax name

10 Likes

White/red is the predominant colour of the December 2017-current On-Air Presentation package for SBS World News and the “Breaking News” mode for every other network.

Aside from that point, the mock posted by RegionalTV above looks excellent from a graphical point of view IMO.

2 Likes

I was thinking of that example too, SBS World News seems to have distant itself from others with the Red and White combo, I wonder if Ten will adopt Red too to fit inline with CBS Evening News… :thinking:

I’d argue both red and blue tend to be overused in general, in the US and Australia at least.

Channel 9 and Channel 7 had red dominated graphics during the early to mid 2010s. Ten has been consistently blue.

The UK has a bit more variety with green for ITV News and purple for Channel 4.

5 Likes

I’d rather red and white over blue any day.
Sets today are filled with blue as well as the on air graphics. Blue is also cold, use in minimal design is better. White goes with anything.

Those look great :slight_smile:

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tongue-in-cheek mocks

10 Likes

A simple mock substituting the usual Ten News Brisbane background with the live image used when presenting weather:

Weather shot used.

16 Likes

Looks great! Wish they’d do live shots.

6 Likes

Summer and closer to 5pm in winter could look like this

16 Likes

SO MUCH BETTER. Wish they would make this happen!

6 Likes

Quick OTS mock (inspired by NBC Nightly News).

Also moved the liveshot to King George Square as a point of difference (think Time Squares studio). Given Ten airs at 5pm you’d see commuters walking in the background, giving a bit of energy.

12 Likes

The live shot is a little too zoomed in but I see where you’re going with this and I don’t mind it.

5 Likes

#myfriends, I have an idea for Ten’s rebrand:

#Ser10usly

2 Likes

Seriously, no.

4 Likes

If Ten were still using the “Seriously Ten” slogan in 2018, this wouldn’t be a bad idea for Social Media usage across the Network in my opinion if they wanted to drum up attention for a Network relaunch. Wonder if a new Network slogan is in the works, as “Turn On 10” has been used since 2014.

Just a quick Mock I did, I replaced the Ten Eyewitness News theme music with the one from 1991. It sounds even better now! :grinning:

4 Likes