Random Mocks

This. But I did change it ever so slightly too, with some high-pitched ‘happy-like’? strings added to the mock Ten Early News video. A thowback to when Ten News had different theme variations for their Morning and First At Five bulletins. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Two different styles for a breakfast show, if Ten decides to try again…

18 Likes

The 2D 2012 logo

Looks great; a lot of effort is evident. However, I would keep the red for breaking news…

I personally prefer the second one, I’d keep the top one exclusive to the Ten Sports brand and sports-related programming such as Sports Tonight.

1 Like

The posts about Media Spy’s history had me poking through my folders with saved video clips from the site - found an old mock I made of turning NBN News into Nine News Newcastle - in 2007.

Turn your speakers down before proceeding.

I’m a big fan of my hilarious headlines - and my unintentionally hilarious scaling problems.

I don’t know the original uploader or if it’s already elsewhere on youtube, but here’s the original source clip as well.

14 Likes

Was there a particular reason why a Nine-owned NBN News didn’t try to replicate the metro look under the NBN name? WIN did it, even Imparja pulled off a convincing enough copy (sans title card).

NBN was pretty much left to be operated as an independent, but wholly owned, entity when it was bought by Nine. That independence was seen in the different news theme, graphics, sets used. It’s only been in more recent years that NBN has folded more into the Nine Network

1 Like

Nothing fancy

7 Likes

Love it looks like a modern version of one of there previous looks

1 Like

I like it, I’m hoping Ten goes back to their silhouette style logo for the rebrand, it makes the Service look sleek without all the gloss on the current logo, pretty sure the current iteration will be retired if the Sports Tonight graphics are anything to go by and a few recent sightings on Social Media:

2 Likes

Found this on an old hard drive when I did that Ten mock last year.

would this design still work today? :thinking:

8 Likes

I really like the idea behind this, it has a lot of depth with the shadowing but is still very one dimensional. It also doesn’t have any lens flare which is a bonus. Would love to see more!

There’s more in this post.

just wanted to post this part, because I found it while looking for something else on my hdd

WTF!! This is awesome! More fancy than what they have currently!

1 Like

On the theme of Ten News Mocks, I thought if they go in a CBS O&O direction it may look like this:

19 Likes

Great mock. I actually reckon the current CBS O&O/Local News graphics package would work better on Ten than the presentation style used for national bulletins like the CBS Evening News! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yep the local CBS stuff is very “Australian”. You could easily adapt it to Ten or Nine without too much tweaking.

5 Likes

24 Likes

Very nice! Hoping Ten starts using the simplistic outline logo again. I wonder how that would look with a blue tinge… :slight_smile:

1 Like