Random Mocks

If Sky News does do new services for Ten, here’s what I’d imagine they’d do to the existing sets for the local news.

Credit to Brad for the original cap.

16 Likes

Thats actually very nice design and colouring.

6 Likes

I have to admit that does actually look really good.

Or my take on a FOX 10 logo

(I literally just took the ‘Searchlight’ from the 21st Century Fox logo) and I think it actually looks really good.

23 Likes

Some really nice use of the 10 numeral. Nice work!

3 Likes

To expand on @MLVD’s concept of FOX10, I have created a (very rudimentary) version of a logo for Eleven if it retained its partnership with CBS in the event of a FOX takeover.

• CBS11 with wordmark
  • CBS11 with eye

0 voters

Hopefully audio mocks/re-edits are allowed here!

With all the talk about ABC News using a remixed version of Majestic Fanfare in it’s latest “Know The Story” promo, I decided to put my audio editing skills to good use so I could see (or more to the point, hear) how that might work as a intro for the Top of the Hour news bulletins on radio. Listen here!

And yes, I couldn’t resist incorporating the six TOTH pips into the start of the theme. Whether or not that could actually be done in practice I’m not sure, but I personally thought that final two pips overlayed on the “drum intro” of the music before the main tune (if that makes sense) sounded pretty good.

17 Likes

I think they should be allowed if it’s not already, Shame we can’t natively post audio to MediaSpy

1 Like

Good mock for that. Yet, I still need to study on the Australian perspective on that important and classical theme music.

1 Like

Love the inclusion of the pips (I’m guessing they must be used on ABC Radio Sydney, they aren’t used in Brisbane).

It’s to my understanding that the pips are used on 702AM but not the DAB+/online/satellite feed of ABC Radio Sydney.

In any case, the audio of the six pips used was originally recorded off another Sydney station which does use them on Digital Radio. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this! Would be a great update and love the addition of the pips too :ok_hand:

3 Likes

That’s Brilliant! Love it.

1 Like

Awesome, love to see that with the news TV news intro!

Sounds great and love the pips. Surprised to hear the pips aren’t heard nationwide.

1 Like

As WIN News still has that Nine-esque screen on their keyed set, here’s a very crude example of a Ten-esque screen. Both with the Ten Eyewitness News opener background and one including the WIN News logo taken from their “Years of Local News” promos. The rest of their on-screen graphics are Ten-esque, why not the set screen too?

11 Likes

Works better than I thought it would! I was apprehensive about the idea of replacing Magestic Fanfare but would be very happy with that.

3 Likes

Good job would been nice if it would be fox Ten

And some people were telling me that I was MAD for thinking something could be done with the Majestic Fanfare

3 Likes

Some presentation ideas for a Fox 10 rebrand.

Logos

Line-ups.

Promo end boards.

PRG, Now/Next etc. Animation suggestion is for the channel number to swipe from the left revealing the graphic; then later the FOX to swipe to the right to leave just FOX XX that would then shrink to the watermark.

Watermarks

19 Likes