Random Mocks

It was just a quick mock :slight_smile: and I appreciate all the comments.
My mantra was if Ten just copied it as if it was going to be adopted 1 for 1,

Here is your idea @MBB of just letting the logo speak for itself which is a lot better.

When I get idea I just go for it, but obviously if you are developing a proper package iteration is the key to iron out the kinks.

I get a lot of ideas but once you try and execute them they really don’t go to plan. I just love posting these ideas and see what people think. :+1:

34 Likes

These look good!

3 Likes

Totally appreciate that. Overall though both are great work. I do like these second ones more though. Much cleaner

3 Likes

These look bloody good. The transparent 10 floating on the right pops. Didn’t know that was in the first one!

5 Likes

What do you think?

6 Likes

Thats actually really well done and refreshing

2 Likes

A quick mock of what could have been for the Nine Radio logos:

15 Likes

decided to revisit my Sept 2021 Nine Talk mock with the new blue colour, as I think that would’ve looked good as well instead of what we got

9 Likes

I’d actually forgotten about those mocks you did! Much better than what I did. These logos would fit much better

1 Like

With the Paris Olympics looming, I decided to start working on a mock set design for the Nine coverage. The set would be located at the IBC (Le Bourget, Boulogne-Billancourt), with set control operations being operated remotely at the NEP Docklands Studios in Melbourne.

For the design, I have decided to deliberately forgo with any kind of cliché elements related to the host city and nation. Instead, I decided to look at contemporary French design and its unique, clean TV set designs to create a timeless and very unique design that can be reused for future editions of the Games. I have decided to place a video wall on the set, but, unlike Seven’s recent efforts, other surrounding elements are placed around it, including references to French design and fashion. The desk platform would be revolving, and around it, I placed the Electric Friends tower cameras which are very popular currently; this will allow the studio cameras to be remotely controlled from Melbourne, whilst also allowing for seamless AR and mixed reality elements.

This is still a work in progress, as many issues, mostly with lighting, need to be solved, however, this design is mostly done.

25 Likes

That looks really great mate. I like how the Stan Sport and Nine logos are on the desk (as they will most likely be simulcasting some events) Keep up the good work! Hopefully Nine use something like this at the IBC instead of not bothering and commentating out of GTV/TCN just like Seven have been.

5 Likes

I think the i98 and C91.3 logos are starting to look dated, so here is my attempt to refresh them.

7 Likes

I wonder if there’s anyway of integrating both the i98 name AND the 98.1FM frequency in the logo?

Do you mean (for i98) adding the frequency next to the FM? Wouldn’t that be a duplication?

I would have it as “i98” and try to squeeze 98.1FM somewhere in the frequency.

The same with the 96FM logo.

It sounds silly, but as a young kid I never actually knew (nor could figure out) the actual frequencies of these stations. They were nowhere to be found on their websites.

The same could now be said about any new listeners to 2GB/4BC/3AW/6PR’s websites.

Even if it’s a subtle frequency at the bottom, I think all stations should have their frequency present in their logo.

Surely anyone would agree that a frequency is more important than just a name/plain logo.

1 Like

Hello there,

Here’s an update on the Nine Paris Olympics set design. I have improved the lighting and also added additional elements to the design. Additionally, I have added some additional shots to show the design in more detail and its versatility. Still WIP.

I have also made a quick schedule of how basic Nine Network coverage would look like. Live TV coverage would have double presentation, in an attempt to make less stilted the presentation of events and allow for more equal representation of both men and women presenters.

• Ceremonies and Olympic Primetime (7-11pm AEST): Karl Stefanovic and Leila McKinnon
  • Olympic Overnights (11pm-5am AEST): Roz Kelly and Todd Woodbridge
  • Olympic Breakfast (5-9am AEST): Tony Jones and Brett Phillips
  • Rendez-Vous Paris (highlights show, 9-11am AEST): James Bracey
29 Likes

Brilliant stuff mate

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning @Medianext.MX

1 Like

Wow I would love to see this next year

1 Like

That looks even better than the first @Medianext.MX. I would assume the cameras could be moved with seats so it can face either the video wall or the other side?

Great choice of scheduling too with most of the presenters covering past events. However I assume the hosts are for the main channel with 9Gem hosting out of Sydney or Melbourne and Stan Sport/9Now taking the world feed.

1 Like