Nine Radio (Talk)

It makes sense to go blue as it’s Nine radio. Nine is blue.

The website looks better on desktop compared to mobile.

I agree that the font in the logo should have been consistent across the cities.

2 Likes

Screenshot_20230109-132047_Chrome

Should bring this back.

4 Likes

Shows the Sydney bias

1 Like

Who really cares. You listen to a radio station. You don’t look at it.

2 Likes

You don’t seem to understand speech radio in the current era with apps, videos and social media.

2 Likes

Did a quick mock of what they could have done:

What does make me wonder, why they have dropped the 693 etc and replaced it with the city. I wonder if they will try to transition to this “branding” on air? Referring to it at “3aw Melbourne” instead of 3aw693… Personally I would have kept the signal band.

2 Likes

Love the use of the 9NEWS font. Much better than this logo.

Does anyone know how old that (or previous) 2GB logo is?

It is completely unheard of to keep the same font when doing a logo relaunch.

Pointless. And why be Sydney-biased when top rating 3AW listeners won’t like the change?

It makes the MTR logo look way better than this stuff.

1 Like

1 Like

Woah!

It makes the original Nova969 logo look extremely new again.

3 Likes

Actually 1798 :wink:

Font look a lot like Bodoni -

It was first designed by Giambattisa Bodoni in 1798

7 Likes

I did these a while back as two takes on trying to subtly add Nine to the logos:

I don’t hate the change, the logos have been lacking since they ditched the Southern Cross era star part of it and just had the text.

4 Likes

No character since this logo.

6 Likes

2UE Ad from the 80s

1 Like

The Last Traces of the old Southern Cross Broadcasting & Fairfax removed.

3 Likes

I think it’ll take decades for people to ever forget the “2-2 U-U E-E” bit of that jingle.

1 Like

I would bring back “where you don’t miss a thing” as it’s a much better slogan for a talk network then “Your News Leader”.

5 Likes

Best radio ad of all time. Well maybe not Triple M ads were also excellent.

2 Likes

almost the same!

4 Likes

I said this when responding to SydneyCityTV’s Twitter post earlier today, so I’ll say it here too:

I can understand making the branding uniform across all stations, though while the serif typeface was engrained into 2GB’s image and worked well, it heavily dates the other logos, and the coloured bar with the state below looks like an afterthought.

In saying that, the previous logos looked very 2000s, though now they all look ancient. Some older typefaces can come across as contemporary regardless of their age, these do not.

Shame they didn’t decide to create a new design.

6 Likes

And now issues with streaming.

1 Like