Random Mocks

Breaking, slow-zoom opener:

OTS:

Throw to sport:

Credit to @TV.Cynic , @Abesty , @TV-QLD for the caps. The Trump OTS is thanks to the graphics department at 9 News Melbourne.

13 Likes

Good job! I reckon they need to make the screen bigger and it will look heaps better.

They could also do a different angle with the second one because there are wings on that set as-well. Excellent concepts though.

As I’ve mentioned in other threads, I wouldn’t mind seeing the ACA/Today Extra set shifted to QTQ for the bulletin.

I think what would be blocking NND from doing presentations on the screen is the metro sets are much wider screens so they would need to make custom graphics/ratios for the Darwin bulletin due to the different screen size. Maybe they could do a generic template with a titlecard and slot in an image in the background like ABC.

Fantastic job. Absolutely what they should be doing. No reason they can’t.

3 Likes

Please donate a damn plasma for the Gold Coast too.

3 Likes

If they even wanted to do it cheap they could simply lower the screen a little so that it’s closer to the desk. Wouldn’t look as strange then.

Strange how Victoria got a larger screen similar to the existing Studio 24 set but QLD got a little screen.

I would say it’s the same size but looks smaller as it’s further away maybe.

NSW has a much bigger screen though.

anyone have any idea on how to extract a background audio track from a soundbite (i have the opener soundbite and the soundbite from the report).

I was thinking if i had isolated the two clips and inverting one track to effectively cancel the audio out, that would do the trick (which i might be doing incorrectly, or not).

I’ve tried Ableton, Audition and Audacity to no avail :confused:

Any help would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to suggest they could stick the desk on a riser, to bring them up a little closer to the top of the screen. I don’t know about the heights of the cameras etc, but could be easier than building a new surround for the screen to lower it.

Tonight’s 9 GC news featured a virtual studio tour that allowed for a couple of grabs of the backdrop used for the balcony crosses.

11 Likes

I do prefer the flat 9 logo mock

A rough re-edit of something 2CH should use, now that SEN has taken over 1170 resulting in them becoming a DAB+ only station:

MOCK2CHDAB+Logo

12 Likes

I made a promo for Channel 9

Includes 9News, A Current Affair, Today Show and 60 Minutes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WzfDet-KLFI8ZYuwMEJJUzXrRb0sjcGo/view?usp=sharing

(please give me feedback)

8 Likes

If the intention was to highlight running times and the news brands on offer, I think you’ve done a pretty good job of it :clap:

1 Like

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it.

2 Likes

From the Media Spy user who brought you Mix 106.5/101.1 logos in the Mix Canberra style late last year comes the inevitable “What if the ARN Mix Network stations used the SCA Hit Network logo design?” mock/re-edit in light of the new look for Mix 94.5 Perth.

Given the amount of Hit station logos and frequency variants which already exist in this style, this was a disturbingly easy mock/re-edit to convincingly pull off:

MOCKARNMixStationsLogoin2020SCAHitNetworkStyle

Of course, as well as the joint venture Canberra station the 106.3 logo probably could also work for the Grant Broadcasters-owned Townsville station currently branded as Star 106.3!

17 Likes

A universal design for Hit Network

1 Like

Thought about trying and seeing if the old Triple M logo could be modernised…

And plus using it as just a logo to bring back legacy names…

40 Likes

Good mock!

5 Likes

This is brilliant!

5 Likes