Random Mocks

Looks great alongside the current HIT logo. Similar play on design. Bloody perfect

6 Likes

Brilliant. Don’t mind the new Hit Network logo

3 Likes

A few mocks for Stan Sport

9 Likes

Looks pretty good with the logos. I liked the 2nd one better. Their SPORT graphic are much cleaner than the 4th image. Stan Sport is the new home of rugby union and Tennis in 2021. A New era, a new stan, a new sport awaits.

2 Likes

It’s been a while, but as per this discussion and many hours in Ae, I have kinda recreated the Seven/NBC opener from 2014, with a little twist too. It would mean we’d get 30 seconds from headline to top story, a rarity these days.

(at 00:24, presenters would say ‘good evening I’m (name), 10 News First starts now’)

Still pretty rough but continually working on it is making me insane ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

feedback all welcome.

for context:
Seven Opener

NBC Opener

9 Likes

Pretty decent effort recreating the graphics, your mock looks almost identical to the real thing!

1 Like

The last one is probably the best, but the ratio of both parts is a little off. I’d say, much like Optus Sport the sport part of the Stan logo will be bigger with a thicker weight font.

1 Like

Love it and the effort you put in. Well done! That was also my favourite style of opener for 7. Much better than what we now have IMO.

2 Likes

If nine used their new newsroom as a backdrop

29 Likes

That looks incredible. Even better if it’s a live shot and not just a still image/loop

4 Likes

Imagine how incredible it would be if they actually used your creation or put the two images together and had a panoramic shot of the newsroom as their backdrop. That would be amazing.

The other states could either have a recorded loop or an artistic creation of the newsroom as their national backdrop.

4 Likes

Kinda the only problem with this is that it’s difficult to see three Ms in it.

Playing around with some more ‘modern’ designs for an online service - using @Leo_Puglisi6 's 6 News as the namesake for something a little different!

27 Likes

I don’t mind them, but it kinda reminded me of a doctor surgery or something.

Also the weight of the fonts could get lost when the logo is used as a small watermark etc

Nice job though.

13 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

While I like the light and airyness overall, I do find it to be a little too much SodaStream 6 News.

11 Likes

Design wise the logo looks great, but probably a bit too light and airy for a news service.

Might be a great design for a radio station to adopt though.

2 Likes

Why doesn’t it include capital letters for news and Australia?

I think it looks pretty good to me. These graphics look to be clean and sharp.

1 Like

Weighting can easily be adjusted, and certain elements wouldn’t be retained for a watermark etc, but I definitely see your point.

HAHA yes, I may have taken the “light, bubbly” vibe I was after, a little too literally - I can definitely see that.

It was definitely mean to be a fair bit light and bubbly - more of a lighter digital presence for less serious news. Honestly just playing around with some design elements and gradients. I could see a similar concept for radio though for sure!

Was intending for it to be quite informal - and a thinner weighting combined with a lack of upper casing tends to lend itself to more of a fresher/younger look. That’s my personal opinion though!

Cheers mate.

Like I said - just playing around with some elements! I’ve just discovered this board so I’m keen to experiment with some designs in the future.

5 Likes