Random Mocks

Just saw this for the first time. Absolutely love the logo design and what you have done with it, nice work.

3 Likes

Was pretty close, (mind you Gotham is already a CBS favourite font)

11 Likes

Kinda prefer yours tbh!

1 Like

Very accurate prediction but graphics are outdated

2 Likes

Well it was made in 2015…

3 Likes

Not really a mock I know but to prove just how easy it must’ve been to produce (I suspect, rather quickly with existing KIIS/MIX station logos and image editing software) the new logo for Mix 106.3 Canberra, here’s what I reckon the Sydney & Melbourne stations might be using now if they didn’t change the name in 2014 & 2015 respectively but the current logo strategy still went ahead:

MOCKMixSydney%26MelbournePost201415

8 Likes

Please, you make it look to easy :rofl:

I actually prefer the name MIX to KIIS.

5 Likes

I’d prefer an approach like one of these personally:

kiis%20mock%202

5 Likes

Nah, those look like you’re looking into some black void of emptyness.

5 Likes

Agreed. The rebrand was also essentially pointless. Now we have two stations named KIIS (Sydney/Melbourne), two named MIX (Adelaide/Canberra), and two with no name (Brisbane/Perth). On top of that, Canberra’s still using the old MIX logos for some reason.

The name MIX had a connection to music, what is KIIS meant to represent?

4 Likes

They may as well make a 2UE and 2SM in the USA.

1 Like

I agree, but wasn’t Kyle & Jackie O’s defection from SCA to ARN a major reason why Mix rebranded as KIIS in Sydney?

Mind you, that still doesn’t explain Mix 101.1 down in Melbourne became KIIS 101.1 a year or so later…

As per the relevant thread, Mix Canberra is finally going to adopt a sky blue/purple version of the KIIS Network logo (pretty much identical to the mocks I posted above) next year.

2 Likes

It was Kyle’s idea, he took the idea of the rebrand to ARN and they went with it.

3 Likes

Can’t fault this assessment; they’re pretty weak logos to play with in the first place

3 Likes

That’s still next year. Not to mention a full seven years after Sydney rebranded.

3 Likes

43 Likes

Love it!

4 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Almost convinced me. The choice of it for the mock doesn’t suit much for a bulletin still doing their “heritage” 2-headline intros since regional TV was introduced. I’d prefer the Regional QLD (solo presenter) version of the current theme music bed with a few little tweaks to suit this problem.

1 Like