Random Mocks

They should stop using the words “reach out” in their automated text it’s a dreadful phrase that people have started using extensively in the last 5 years. We don’t live in America for a start.

2 Likes

If you sent that to WIN News then heck, I should’ve sent my Nine News mocks straight to the CEO and demanded they be implemented.

14 Likes

Not to burst your bubble, but it’s not broadcast quality. WIN would have their own team of graphic designers who would make something up if they needed it.

21 Likes

That’d be an automated message, and I hate to say it but they’re not gonna use your mock on-air

13 Likes

I agree with my mock not being used on-air, because it is not yet ready for broadcast quality, as @EntertainingAus pointed out.

3 Likes

While WIN, nor any Network would use viewer contributed creations for official communications unfortunately, your first ever MediaSpy mock is a good start.

From your initial submission,

To several revisions later, based on feedback,

Is quite a good “glow up” (improvement from the previous) in my opinion!

I hope you continue to create mocks for us all to see, and both the Guide to Mocking and Useful stuff for mocks threads are very informative for mastering the basics, and the latter for various visual and audio assets! :slight_smile:

18 Likes

1 News refresh with new personal on different shows and an early morning news show

14 Likes

Nicely executed!

I think I’d personally prefer the bulletin name to be a little more prominent, maybe bolder or not in lowercase like the news part.

4 Likes

I agree. They look good but the bulletin names need to be bigger. I’d also adjust the “news” text to match the size of “1”.

2 Likes

I’ve got two different variations. Which one fits better?

Option A

Option B

• A
  • B

0 voters

3 Likes

Remove the gap between Morning and Briefing.

2 Likes

@Michael_Eccles Is that Kimberlee Downs (rather than Jenny Suo)?

Yes, Jenny Sue left the role last year after to be a fill-in host and back to being a reporter. Kimberlee Ritchie (Downs) has been underutilized (in my opinion) after her role as Australian correspond

Potential watermark fo new channel 13.

Tongue in cheek version

15 Likes

Will probably be whatever the Foxtel channel is?

Foxtel

2 Likes

Thanks,

nick jr. on 10Play probably won’t change, but we won’t see a solid watermark on channel 13.

1 Like

7 Nightly News - inspired by the new NBC Nightly News

16 Likes

What do you get when you take the NBC News Special Report intro, featuring the NBC three-note chime at the beginning and John Williams’ “The Pulse of Events” composition…

And combine it with an early version of 7NEWS online’s similar three-note chime, heard at the very end?

The result…

Special thanks to Useful stuff for mocks posters @SamSamTV for the skyline background used in the title-card recreation, and @NewsAustralia for the 7NEWS voice over audio. I was able to isolate the vocals using an App called Moises!

21 Likes

This is awesome @MichaelPower!

1 Like