Nova Network

Fitzy and Wippa stitch up new mornings announcer, Greg Burns
http://www.nova969.com.au/show/fitzy-and-wippa-stitch-our-new-mornings-announcer-greg-burns

According to a Facebook post on the Novanation page, Novanation will be resident on Nova FM on Friday and Saturday nights from 10pm. No word if network wide or until what time.

My understanding is that the online station is closing/has closed. Shame that another of the DAB+ launch stations have now ceased, joining the likes of Radar Radio and Koffee (in most markets).

the website indicates it is closed, no more streaming.

What happened to the morning and afternoon announcers on Nova in Sydney prior to Greg Burns beginning? Where are they working now?

Greg Burns and Zoe Sheridan to host Spring Break from Monday whilst Fitzy and Wippa are on holidays.

Each survey we talk to the Network bosses about how their brands have performed, first up it is Nova Entertainment’s Paul Jackson. Survey #6 again saw smoothfm smashing it in Sydney and ever so close in Melbourne. But what is the killer promo that will soon see smooth take a different direction not seen before that is bang on for their target?

Huge Fitzy and Wippa announcement Friday 8am.

edit: it’s about a concert

It’s Coldplay doing a Nova Red Room, where they do an intimate concert for Nova listeners. You ring to win tickets.

Hayley Pearson returns to Nova 919 and joins Dylan Lewis and Shane Lowe on Breakfast.

From January 9, Nova Sydney morning presenter, Greg Burns, will be networked into Melbourne, the same for Dan Cassin in the afternoons. That means only breakfast, presented by Chrissy, Sam & Browny, will be local for Nova 100, with the rest to be networked from Sydney.

Source: Radio Today

Well that’s sad :frowning:

It’s the way of the future.

Still not good. Nova used to be 100% local although, like the 2 ads in a row strategy, it is long gone.

3 Likes

I can understand local content being important at Breakfast or even Drive but during the day when they’re just spinning hits, there doesn’t seem to be such a real need for it in my opinion.

1 Like

Someone on Radio Today was saying that both presenters will be voice tracking Melbourne-specific breaks. Even if that’s true, it’s what Grant Broadcasters do for the majority of their stations and we all know how well that does (or doesn’t) in their competitive markets.

It’s no surprise really - for years Nova haven’t been too worried about promoting their daytime hosts - there’s next to no information about them on the website.

Fox on the other hand put effort into building the profile of their daytime announcers who are very active on social media and run shifts that are very interactive with listeners.

Nova - not really Made for Melbourne now.

1 Like

I feel this decision will have a negative affect on both the ratings of Nova 96.9 and Nova 100.

Today in Sydney it is 38’c and they are talking about how hot it is and how great Bondi Beach would be, and using Sydneys Nova 96.9 on air when back announcing songs.

If morning and afternoons are networked between Sydney and Melbourne any reference of Sydney and Melbourne would be dropped unless each break between songs is prerecorded and Taylored to each of the markets.

Also the Sydney v Melbourne thing how will the Melbourne audience react to Having Sydney DJs piped into their city?

By prediction for 2017 Nova in Sydney and Melbourne will be in a worse rating position then the end of 2016.

4 Likes

It’s stupid, Paul is trying to program Nova the same as Smooth. A city with 4mil people deserves local daytime announcers, a voicetracked British DJ from Sydney - really? The local announcers are known the audience, they can tell they are in Melbourne - Sarah always mentions how she is from Point Cook in melbourne’s west.

Nova 100 might as well shut down after 9am now.

2 Likes

This started from Sydney and Melbourne shairing the same playlist. Will Adelaide go next?

Brisbane will not as their playlist is too different from the rest of the network, and the banter the DJs have with their listeners on air would go.

Soon Nova will be just networking Capital FM form London.

Radio use to have one advantage - it was local - in terms of announcers and music. No more.

I want more than music from my radio. I want to hear about my city. Concerts, weather, events.

Nova 96.9 and it is HOT in Sydney today - currently 36 degrees at Bondi and an weltering 39 degrees in Bankstown - not too hot for tonight’s Bieber concert at Olympic Park though…" Ahhh, the memories of a radio station that used to broadcast in Sydney.

Internet radio - I already love you - and now you are as local as Nova 96.9

Anyway, Greg Burns always sounded so foreign in Sydney - now it’s Melbourne’s turn to hear an accent they do not relate to or understand.

1 Like