Nova Network

two surveys in, listen to the show - it’s very good

1 Like

I’d rather listen to Rove and Sam… and that’s saying something.

1 Like

From Nova 106.9

An advertisement featuring Nova 106.9’s Ash, Kip & Luttsy, has been banned by Facebook.

The 10 second spot shows the Brisbane breakfast trio in the bath declaring their show to be “good clean fun”.

Facebook deemed the ad unacceptable as it “featured excessive amounts of skin or suggestive content.” Ash Bradnam said he respected Facebook for upholding community standards. “There was definitely excessive amounts of skin,” Bradnam said. “I never want to see my colleagues in this way again.” The ad has been a hit on other social platforms including YouTube.

Maybe it’s too “Melbourne” for you, stick with Alan Jones then.

There have also been billboards around Brisbane promoting the Ash, Kip & Luttsy breakfast show ‘now with added Susie O’Neill’.

The video is still on their Facebook page.

Nova falling behind this week. Both KIIS and 2Day have live breakfast shows while the main teams are away and Nova are playing Fitzy and Wippa rpts. No room for cheapness in this tight battle for Top 40 stations.

3 Likes

I completely agree that it’s pretty poor form for Nova Sydney to be airing repeats at breakfast, even if it’s a non-ratings period.

Maybe they’re sick of creating new radio stars in the holiday periods which the other stations poach for their regular teams. :laughing: Dave Thornton, Sophie Monk and Heather Maltman etc.

On the positive side they are playing an awesome playlist of fresh music which is better than they usually do with their often repeated shortlist and painful throwbacks.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the British DJ is starting in Sydney? Is it Monday as original reports said starts in July?

We’re still out of sirvey next week aren’t we? I’d say the week after when the regulars return.

The results of Survey #4 will be released next Tuesday, but the next ratings survey period won’t start until July 10. How do I know? This info can easily be found on the internet if you look hard enough…

I agree, Nova’s new DJ will probably start when the next survey does.

1 Like

What’s with the attitude about when ratings start back up? No one even asked about that…

Don’t worry about it. He’s just having a go because he could look it up whereas I couldn’t be because I’m multiskilling at the gym. :wink:

Nonetheless was pretty rude. Your post was more of a statement than a question. I knew what you meant. Thank you for your opinion on my question. I’d say you are probably right.

1 Like

No worries, mate. :slight_smile:

I certainly wasn’t trying to be rude and apologise if my post came across that way, was just answering JBar’s question more than anything else! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know if the British DJ started in Sydney today?

The Nova 96.9 website still lists DC & Harlee as being the stations workday presenters. So I presume that Greg Burns hasn’t started yet although as far as I can tell, he finished up at Capital FM in London on June 20.

Greg Burns started today.

2 Likes

He was actually on air yesterday too.