Nova Network

Ben & Liam’s Lunch Break was not on today in Sydney. Has it been off all week?

1 Like

Today Adelaide got Ben & Liam reheated, don’t know if they were in Monday or Tuesday, might explain why it didn’t air in Sydney.

1 Like

Maybe getting ready for their move to Melbourne?

2 Likes

Believe they’ve wrapped for the year ahead of the Melbourne move.

1 Like

Maybe they are giving them a break now so they can do Summer Breakfast leading up to Christmas??

1 Like
1 Like

Underwhelming. It is Adelaide though I guess.

3 Likes

Really? Isn’t Jodie a little older than Ben & Liam?

It looks like Nova100 will skew younger and Nova91.9 skew older in 2023.

I hope Adelaide won’t miss the previous radio stunts… and I hope Melbourne is ready for radio stunts.

They’re all completely different breakfast shows.

2 Likes

I can’t see Ben and Liam doing well in Melbourne. Completely different market to that type of content. They’d be better suited to Sydney.

4 Likes

They’ll churn & burn through some listeners who prefer Chrissie Swan.

Ben & Liam are quite niche, but so long as they promote them well enough they could do ok, but I’d say KIIS101.1 would be a winner here.

2 Likes

Wow, are they now trying to take on Mix? Such a ridiculous choice for a Nova brekkie show.

3 Likes

Aaron Rich filling in on Nova 96.9 and Nova 100 on the workday shift today.

Rich was at Nova prior to joining Fox FM.

3 Likes

Because they think their audience is the same audience who starting listening to Nova 20 years ago and has now matured (which it isn’t).

Possibly also desperation from having no talent pipeline.

2 Likes

Looks like Aaron’s new gig is at Nova. He’s in Sydney today despite being Melbourne based. Probably because Nova Melbourne have started the move to South Melbourne.

Mason Tucker shared this on Instagram on Friday.

Chrissy, Sam and Browny appear to have still been in Richmond this morning.

5 Likes

I reckon Aaron Rich will have something to do with the new Nova100 brekkie show. He’s a similar demo to Ben & Liam too.

3 Likes

Maybe something to do with the 10-24’s not listening to the radio, so they continue with this flawed strategy of targeting their original listeners. What happens when the OG listeners move on?
Will CHR format stations become irrelevant and rate equivalent to what 2SM rates today?

It is clear that Nova has no succession plan, what would happen if F&W were to call it quits at the end of this year?

There only real option would be to network B&L breakfast show.

3 Likes

That’s a very true comment. Nova have no successions for F&W.

But what’s the bet, if/when the time comes they’ll either throw a bunch of comedians together, or just poach a team from triple j or CADA.

2 Likes

There is Matt and Sarah, but that show is not strong enough to be Nova’s marquee Sydney show. I feel B&L are in the pipeline to eventually take over Sydney breakfast, CADA and Triple J are now to far away from Nova’s core audience to poach talent.

Maybe in the future if they are short on talent, suffer massive declines in ratings, or the ass falls out of their revenue, they may consider networking breakfast, it would save them a few million dollars a year. They might get similar ratings to what they are getting now?

Maybe in 10-20 years time network breakfast might be the norm we are seeing SCA doing it across their regional Hit stations?

2 Likes

There are no good teams on CADA any more. They all sound worse than amateurish now.

5 Likes

Please excuse me if we’ve already mentioned this but did we know DC has left Nova and Keegs from Fox Melbourne is now doing Brisbane and Adelaide afternoons?

6 Likes