SEN (Radio)

Sportsday on SEN starts this afternoon with Gerard Healy, however he will co-hosting with Brad Johnson for the first few days before Kane Cornes returns from holidays. That’s according to Shane McInnes at the end of last night’s episode / podcast.

EDIT: Gerard said on the start of today’s show that Brad Johnson would be in the chair for the next three weeks.

EDIT 2: Kane Cornes begins hosting Sportsday with Gerard on Monday, November 21.

3 Likes
1 Like

I think Kane is running the New York marathon. I don’t know him well but I do cross paths with him a bit. His body is recovering from the Adelaide to Melbourne run but he was confident he could do it.

Sportsday SA has left FiveAA and moved accross to SENSA. Its starts up in 1323 Cruise in the new year. They have a rotation of fill in hosts in the meantime.

No announcement on what SENSA breakfast will look like in 2023. Still some rumours Haysey is moving to FM radio and of course Cornes has left.

1 Like

What’s on 5aa now?

They extended the Sports show with Tim Giniver and Stephen Rowe for an extra hour. Now 4 -7pm

3 Likes

Nova confirmed Hasey has rejoined the station (he started his radio career as a Casanova on Nova 919’s street team and was a roving reporter for Nova 919’s Lewis & Lowe).

3 Likes

Wow. That means SEN need a whole new breakfast team for SA

2 Likes

Is there a possibility SEN SA will just relay SEN VIC Breakfast with Garry/Tim/Kane/Kingy/Bucks?

3 Likes

Possible but wouldn’t be a good move. We get Fridays relayed already so it’s only Monday to Thursday as it is. Might work if it was say Garry and Kane for the five days but alot of the others are not very well liked here to have them on regularly.

Sounds like they are trying to get Mark Bickley over from FiveAA.

Not many big name media people in SA without a regular gig. Guys like John Casey, Andrew Mcleod, Brett Maher and Bryce Gibbs do weekend shows for SEN SA but don’t thimk they will do a regular weekday spot. Maybe a mix of them like Vic Breakfast does.

3 Likes

Disappointed with a 2:40

At a guess given I’ve stopped listening regularly I’d imagine gambling dollars across the network (incorporating SEN Track) would considerably assist.

1 Like

I am surprised that Andrew Hayes has stayed on air depite him leaving to go to Nova at yhe end if the year. He doesn’t mention it but guests and callers have referred to him leaving.

No big deal and he is a professional but just unusual in radio.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I know their night 1 draft coverage was pretty ordinary (basically Kane Cornes and Matt Rendell interviewing top 10 picks), but I wonder how many were upset when, at least online, they cut into the coverage about 40 minutes from the end of night 1 (about 5-6 picks) for a preview of Serbia vs Cameroon at the World Cup?

1 Like

Does this mean she’ll be leaving SEN? It says “full time”.

1 Like

She’s only been doing call time on Friday afternoons and I’m not sure it’s been on post nrl season.

2 Likes

SEN SA has been out of action on 1629 due to techinical difficulties for weeks. Even before the big storm we had so not sure what the issue is.

Still no announcement on who will be doing Breakfast. Haysey finished up last week to move to NOVA.

3 Likes

Gary and Tim back today it seems

1 Like

Hadn’t Tim wrapped up for the year?

2 Likes

Yeah they both had I thought but I think they came back for one episode to do the ‘Caller of the Year’.

1 Like

Kudos to SEN World Cup commentary team. It’s been excellent throughout the tournament and provides a good local alternative to the BBC coverage on SBS radio.

8 Likes