Nova Network

Thursday 21 July -

Urzila Carlson filling in for Chrissie Swan on Nova 100 breakfast today, Chrissie filmed the grand final of The Masked Singer in Sydney yesterday afternoon.

3 Likes

A bit of a role swap!

3 Likes

Kate Richie will also be off today and tomorrow filming Australiaā€™s Got Talent. Will their two shows go head to head?

1 Like

Awkward that itā€™s the show Ursula is no longer part of.

2 Likes

How is it awkward? Urzila chose to leave and then Chrissie joined the show.

3 Likes

Itā€™s ironic.

1 Like

I think AGT will go head to head with The Amazing Race Australia.

1 Like

According to the Herald Sun, Sam Pang is out of contract with Nova at the end of the year.

Apparently Sam says he is only on air from 7am-9am, Monday to Thursday. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s joking, but Nova listeners, is the late start and getting Fridays off true?

2 Likes

While I havenā€™t listened to the show in years, I do remember him starting at 7am like 4 years ago so it doesnā€™t surprise me if he is still starting late. Not sure about Fridays

4 Likes

Pretty sure itā€™s true as he isnā€™t in the podcast until roughly half way through each day.

4 Likes

I think Dave Oā€™Neil does Friday.

4 Likes

Front bar on (usually) Thursday nights would make Friday morning challenging.

3 Likes

Yes this is correct. Chrissy and Browny do the first part of the show with Deano and without Sam. And he hasnā€™t worked Fridays in the 3 years Iā€™ve been listening.

4 Likes

Correct. Doesnā€™t seem to effect the ratings.

1 Like

Doesnā€™t enhance the ratings either.

1 Like

Olympia Valance was guest co-host on Nova 100 breakfast today (August 18) as Chrissie Swan is not well. Olympia appeared from 7am to 9am while Sam appeared in the first hour of the show as well.
(from Instagram page of Chrissie, Sam and Browny)

3 Likes

Kate Ritchie has been absent of late and Ricki-Lee has been filling in. Is Kate about to announce she is leaving?

2 Likes

I didnā€™t hear them give any reason for her absence this time but I suspect she has been sick again. I missed start of the first day Rikki came in but they did say she was asked to come in at very short notice.

Kate had a birthday last weekend and on social media she said ā€œnot happy birthdayā€ so maybe she was either sick or dealing with something personal.

2 Likes

According to Sunday Herald Sunā€™s Fiona Byrne, Kateā€™s absence from the drive show has been planned in advance to give her a short spell after filming Australiaā€™s Got Talent for Seven. Kate is due to return on August 29.

A Nova spokeswoman told the paper on Friday that Kate, Tim and Joel would return in 2023.

2 Likes

What yawn. Ex soapie actor turned network drive radio announcer.

Nova could run locally hosted music shifts in Drive and still be number one at a fraction of the talent cost of that networked bore fest.

3 Likes